Location and Job Title:
Jewish Community Center of San Francisco
3200 California Street
San Francisco, CA 94118
MAKE A SPLASH WITH THE JCCSF!
JCCSF is home to one of the top indoor swim destinations in the Bay
Area - the newly remodeled Gallanter Family Aquatics Center. We're
looking for talented, inspiring, fun-loving people to join our all-new
aquatics program team.
Join our aquatics team now, and get free fitness membership!
Click on the link below to take a look at our state of the art fitness center.
the pool by performing patron surveillance, consistently enforcing
safety rules, and providing appropriate supervision for the pool and spa
areas. Lifeguards are responsible for ensuring a safe and fun
environment in and around the pool area. All JCCSF Lifeguards are
expected to have outstanding customer-service skills and current
American Red Cross (ARC) certification.
- Perform Primary and Secondary duties as stated in Lifeguard Expectations.
- Perform patron surveillance.
- Be on deck, in proper JCCSF lifeguard uniform, and ready to work by the start of each shift.
- Ensure safety in and around the pool area at all times.
- Rescue swimmers who need assistance.
- Render first aid and CPR as necessary in and outside of Aquatics Department. Anticipate hazardous conditions and take steps to reduce unnecessary risks.
- Proactively assist lap swimmers with finding a spot to swim in the lap pool by speed/ ability.
- Maintain the pool area so that the area is kept clean and safe at all times.
- Check pool chemicals as scheduled.
- Maintain ongoing record books for pool usage as scheduled.
- Complete all required reports in a timely, professional manner.
- Create a warm and welcoming environment for all members.
- Display a positive, customer-service-focused and professional image.
- Maintain appropriate certifications.
- Attend all mandatory trainings or staff meetings as scheduled.
- Understand safety and emergency-preparedness procedures for the JCCSF.
- Understand and honor the JCCSF Mission, Core Values and Customer-Service Standards in and outside the Aquatics Center.
- Perform additional duties as needed.
- Current ARC Lifeguard Training Certification or equivalent
- Current ARC CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer or equivalent
- Consistency, reliability and punctuality
- Basic understanding of pool chemistry testing and adjusting
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong swimming background
- Ability to perform in-water saves
- Good communication skills
Health & Safety:
In order to keep staff and participants as safe and healthy as
possible, all staff working on-site will be required to be vaccinated
(COVID-19) prior to beginning work. Please reach out to HR@jccsf.org if you have questions.
$21.00 per hour
Urban and inclusive, the Jewish Community Center of San Francisco (JCCSF) celebrates our vibrant city and its people. We explore Jewish culture and traditions as a pathway for joyful, meaningful living. We're a community for everyone, using the power of gathering together to share, inspire, support and restore. The JCCSF is located in San Francisco, CA at 3200 California Street (at Presidio).