Location and Job Title:
Youth and Teen Program Manager
13009 Community Campus Drive
Tampa, FL 33625
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Develop and supervise day to day operations of Club J After School program, enrichment programs and onsite summer camp.
- Supervise the Youth and Teen Program Coordinator.
- Develop and maintain calendars, schedules and vendor partnerships.
- Development, administration and supervision of the department budget.
- Work closely with the marketing team to create promotional materials, adhering to all JCC protocols, procedures, and policies.
- Create Family Programs for the Community.
- Hire and Supervise part-time program staff.
- Create and implement recreational and community programs for middle and high school students.
- Originate and carry out a system for recruiting for Club J and Camp by utilizing website, internet, social networking, brochures, telephone calls, reunions, hot prospect lists, etc
- Evaluate the programs of the department on an on-going basis.
- Keeping up to date of current trends in camping and youth enrichment programs and work towards implementation where appropriate.
- Function as a team member and problem solver. Be able and available to recommend and implement solutions to problems on a day-to-day basis.
- Work with other JCC departments on inter-departmental programming.
- Attend supervisory conferences and staff meetings.
- Develop and assist other special events as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Preferred Minimum Qualifications
- Three+ year's in camp and or afterschool leadership experience.
- Bachelor's degree in Education, Social Work or other related field.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends, as needed.
- Willing to drive a vechicle to transport children.
The Tampa JCCs & Federation, Inc. seeks an experienced dynamic camp and youth professional to help develop, improve and grow program offerings. The professional must be able to communicate effectively with various groups and have strong organizational and operational skills. The manager will oversee youth, camp and afterschool programming at the Bryan Glazer Family JCC.