Location and Job Title:
Jewish Community Center of Schenectady
2565 Balltown Rd.
Niskayuna, NY 12309
The Staff Accountant is responsible for managing the company accounts payable & payroll process and function in a professional and knowledgeable manner. This position manages the payment of invoices, ensuring the accuracy of the entire process as it relates to vendor payment, processing of purchase orders, receiving, invoices and payment of invoices, and communication with buyers. For payroll this position is responsible for processing payroll, monitoring and maintaining the agency payroll database, providing general payroll support to employees, maintaining employee 401K database, and special assignments as assigned. This position ensures company policies and procedures are being adhered to as they pertain to accounts payable/receivable and payroll.
- Communicates all activities to Director of Finance.
- Successfully manages all vendor responsibilities, including entering invoices, matching backup to payment checks, mailing payments in a timely manner, filing paid invoices and resolving any vendor related issues.
- Manages and completes all projects as assigned.
- Prepares reports requested by Director of Finance.
- Working with/supporting the Campus Director on financial related projects.
- Maintains immaculate records.
- Inputs payroll data such as garnishments and 401(k) deductions.
- Reviews time clock information (Paycom) for completeness and accuracy.
- Contacts various department supervisors for any missed times and payroll approvals.
- Responsible for processing bi-weekly payroll for hourly and salaried employees, and bi-weekly transfer of payroll data. Works with off-site payroll company to process stop payments on lost paychecks and reissue checks.
- Processes benefits, deferred compensation, garnishments, child support payments, etc.
- Prepares Bank & Account reconciliations for Director of Finance review.
- Submits electronic files to outsourced 401(k) provider.
- Responds to employee inquiries in timely manner regarding payroll issues.
- Manages the monthly departmental Statements of Financial Activities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Assist with financial audits.
- Cross train with the Albany Jewish Community Staff Accountant.
- Make bank deposits as needed.
- Bachelors' degree in business required.
- Experience in an office setting. Experience in finance is preferred.
- Supervisory experience a plus.
- Exhibit a professional communication style, socially adept, and courteous demeanor.
- Proficient computer skill and in-depth knowledge of relevant software including Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Flexible, with ability to assess and respond to a variety of non-routine and unexpected tasks in a dynamic work environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong problem solving skills, judgement and decision-making
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to communicate clearly.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- Strong organizational skills.
- High level of confidentiality.
- Commitment to organization values and mission.
- Strong attention to detail and highly organized.
- Takes initiative, proactive, helpful "can do" attitude.
- Position requires minimal physical effort, but may require prolonged sitting at a computer
- Occasional light lifting (up to 30 lbs.)
- It requires normal range of hearing and vision to perform communications duties.
35,000 - 45,000
The JCC is a thriving non-profit community center that welcomes the diverse populations of Schenectady, Albany and Saratoga Counties. Since 1921 the JCC's role has changed and expanded to reflect the times. Our staff is committed to providing members and guests with high quality programs and customer service. Included in a membership is the use of the fitness center, over 75 group and water fitness classes each week, lap and family swims, open gym use, adult swim lessons, family art and gym activities, a relaxation center complete with whirlpool, sauna and steam room, and discounts on fitness, social, and enrichment classes and programs.