Location and Job Title:
Early Childhood Education Teacher Assistant - Bilingual in Spanish (Substitute and Permanent)
Lawrence Family JCC of San Diego County- Jacobs Family Campus
4126 Executive Drive
La Jolla, CA 92037
A Teacher Assistant in the Lawrence Family Jewish Community Center Preschool (aka Nierman Preschool) is responsible for assisting in the day-to-day program in their assigned classroom, supporting the teacher in teaching the curriculum and caring for the children. The Teacher Assistant is to assist in providing a warm, nurturing, safe and inclusive environment. The Teacher Assistant is responsible for helping to carry out the goals and objectives of the program as established by the Early Childhood Committee and school administration.
SALARY/STATUS: $12.00-$16.00 per hour DOE / Part-Time, Non-Exempt / Substitute and Permanent Positions Available
- A minimum of 12 units by the State of California in Child Development, or currently in progress.
- Bilingual in Spanish required.
- Bachelor's degree in education or related field preferred, not required.
- Experience as a teacher assistant or a teacher in Early Childhood preferred but not required.
- Knowledge of or willingness to learn about Jewish holidays and culture.
- Attendance of workshops, classes, or conferences for continuing education in Child Development or related fields.
- Knowledge of early childhood education and developmental milestones.
- Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to communicate with parents, children, and co-workers.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Familiarity with basic office machines including, but not limited to, copy, computer, internet, phones, and digital camera.
- Substitute positions must have the ability to fill in when needed and able to work a variable work schedule.
- Must move easily around the classroom, playground, gymnasium, building, deck, swimming pool, and far field.
- Frequently is required to stand, walk, sit, and reach with hands and arms for long periods of time.
- Occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Regularly required to communicate.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance, peripheral, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to lift up to 45 lbs. May be necessary, in emergency or other situations, to pick up a 45 pound child.
HOW TO APPLY: If interested in the position, please reply with your cover letter and resume. NO PHONE CALLS
The mission of the Lawrence Family Jewish Community Center, JACOBS FAMILY CAMPUS is to provide social, cultural, educational, and recreational programs to individuals and families of all ages, religions, races, financial abilities, and physical and mental abilities. Likewise, the JCC provides equal opportunity employment to individuals of all religions and backgrounds. The JCC welcomes San Diego's diverse Jewish community and the community at large.