Location and Job Title:
Beged Kefet High School Teacher
800 Foster City Blvd
Foster City, CA 94404
Overview of the Role:
The role of the Beged Kefet High School teacher is to teach Hebrew to students and develop their reading, writing, speaking and listening skills. In addition, the Beged Kefet teacher will also implement a Hebrew curriculum that will focus on Israeli Culture, songs, literature, art and Judaic holidays and traditions. The teacher will instruct high school students for 3 hours on Thursdays from 6pm 9pm
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Create and implement lesson plans for each class based on program goals
- Assign, collect and evaluate appropriate homework assignments
- Maintain accurate up to date records and grades based on completed assignments and upload information to school website so parents can view status and progress of the student(s)
- Participate in regularly scheduled meetings with Headmaster to review lesson plan offerings, student progress and parent concerns
- Attend teacher workshops as needed
- Work with parents if a child is struggling with class material to review concerns and identify a solution; involve Beged Kefet Headmaster when relevant
- Generate progress reports twice a year and communicate student progress to parents
- Organize and host several parties during the school year focused on various Jewish Holiday themes
- Post class summary documentation (feedback, photos, homework assignments and grades) on-line after each class to keep parents up to date with school progress
- Create and actively promote a comfortable and welcoming environment where every participant is treated with dignity and respect, in a friendly, personalized manner
- Be a role model to children and staff by maintaining a positive attitude when interacting with children.
- Handle and address parent concerns and questions promptly and appropriately; informing Headmaster when relevant
- Represent the PJCC in a professional manner and provides excellent customer service
- Perform other related duties as assigned by management
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Qualifications & Skills:
- Minimum 2 years teaching middle school or high school
- Fluent in Hebrew (Speaking, Reading and Writing)
- Comprehensive understanding of Israeli Culture
- Cleared Background Check (Fingerprints, Child Abuse Index Check and Medical/TB exam)
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills. Ability to communicate information clearly (written and oral)
- Ability and desire to work independently and as a team member with the community and other employees
- Ability to multi-task and adjust priorities when required
- Ability to work in the evenings, as classes start at 6pm
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office 2010
- Positive, upbeat and enthusiastic about working in a non-profit environment
Please follow this link to apply: https://www.paycomonline.net/v4/ats/web.php/jobs/V...
$25,000 - $35,000
Welcoming with joy people of all ages, faiths, and backgrounds, our innovative Center provides programs and services designed to meet the needs of everyone from infants to seniors.
Come work out in our 50,000 square foot Byer Athletic Center; take a class at our Koret Learning Center; create a lifetime of memories for your children at our award-winning preschool or at Camp Keff.
At the PJCC we believe in a 'Wellness Your Way' approach to overall wellness. Wellness Your Way is an integrated approach to help youth and adults of all ages experience greater well-being by helping you identify your own, unique wellness formula and create a plan to put that formula to work in your life.
Your personal wellness formula serves your whole life, and it is unique to you. Your formula includes Nourish, Move and Engage activities that are the building blocks of a life well-lived.