Location and Job Title:
Early Childhood Assistant Site Director
300 Revere Drive
Northbrook, IL 60062
JCC Chicago's Early Childhood Assistant Site Director is responsible for working with the Early Childhood Site Director on the management, supervision, planning, development, and growth strategies for the Jacob Duman Early Childhood program at the Lake County JCC in Lake Zurich, IL.
The Assistant Site Director plays a key role in helping to support the vision, goals and strategy of the agency, ensures the highest quality program is offered and develops strong, positive relationships with existing and prospective families.
- Bachelor's degree in Early Childhood, Elementary Education or related field with a minimum of 21 hours in Early Childhood college course work.
- Master' degree in Early Childhood Education highly preferred.
- 2+ years supervisory experience or program management in an Early Childhood environment.
- Experience working within NAEYC, DCFS and Municipal Health Dept. guidelines preferred.
- Demonstrated experience with emergent curriculum and outdoor classrooms.
- Experience within a Reggio Emilia inspired school, highly preferred.
- Ability to demonstrate and lead with JCC Chicago's Four Core Values:Self-Leadership and Accountability, Creativity and Innovation, Teamwork and Collaboration, and Customer Service.
- Outstanding customer service skills with a demonstrated passion for children and families.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented with proven ability for follow up & follow through.
- Demonstrate the ability to learn to develop and maintain budgets.
- Be flexible and adaptable and able to work collaboratively with EC and agency-wide staff, parents and community members.
- Demonstrated intermediate level proficiency in MS Word, Excel with the ability to learn other technology as needed.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Jewish culture and values with previous Jewish programming experience.
- Ability and willingness to travel to various JCC Chicago program locations.
- Must have reliable transportation, valid driver's license for at least 24 months, proof of auto insurance (with a minimum $250,000 liability).
- Must have the ability and willingness to work a flexible work schedule based on program opening/closing schedule.
55,000 - 65,000
Classrooms are the first community.
When we speak about community, we speak about places of sharing, learning, growing and connection. For some 800 young children in the Chicago area, the first community begins in JCC Chicago's Early Childhood program.
Every classroom is an extraordinary learning community that inspires a love of learning and a celebration of Jewish identity in every child. Our renowned staff work closely with each child as they explore music and art, embrace nature and the outdoors, and engage in active learning, laying a foundation of a life-long learner.
JCC Chicago is the largest JCC system in North America, with more than 800 staff in diverse locations across the metropolitan area. Our core program offerings include Early Childhood Education, Children, Teen and Family Engagement Programs, J at School, Sports & Recreation, Aquatics, Arts & Ideas, Day Camps and Overnight Camp.
In a time of growth and innovation, we welcome you to join us in building your career, as we build a stronger community.