Location and Job Title:
Toddler Support Teacher, Afternoon Shift
Addison-Penzak JCC of Silicon Valley
14855 Oka Road
Los Gatos, CA 95032
Addison-Penzak Jewish Community Center Preschool
Job Description & Qualifications: Kif Kef Toddler Teacher
Non-exempt reports to the Kif Kef Director
Join our team of dedicated, nurturing, inspired early education professionals! This is a part-time support position in a classroom with children ages 18 months through 2 years old. The ability to supervise children as a group, interact cooperatively with other teachers, and engage professionally with parents is essential. The hours available are Monday through Friday from 2pm-6pm.
Duties including, but not limited to:
- Supervise and insure safety of children at all times.
- Be alert to the needs of children as individuals and as a group.
- Plan and implement an enriching curriculum that helps move children as individuals and a group toward meeting our stated developmental goals.Work with co-teacher/ associate teacher or teacher's aide, if applicable.
- Plan and implement activities and projects that support children's learning in the area of Jewish culture, holidays and values.
- Work with teaching team to set-up and maintain classroom.Keep classroom shelves, counters, storage areas and bathrooms orderly and free of clutter.
- Prepare snack for children and sit with them while they eat.
- Attend Back to School Night and Open House.
- Be familiar with and follow all Preschool and APJCC Policies detailed in the APJCC Employee Handbook, the APJCC Preschool Staff Handbook and the APJCC Parent Handbook.
- Maintain punctual and consistent attendance.
- Keep preschool administration informed of any special needs or concerns about individual children.
- Attend all staff meetings, in-service training, set up/clean up days and team planning meetings.
- Write informative parent newsletters monthly.
- Fill out all required paper work in a timely manner. This includes, but is not limited to accident reports, incident reports, curriculum plans and team meeting reports.
- Communicate frequently with parents in a professional and respectful manner.Areas of concern about children should be discussed with co-teacher, associate teacher and/or assistant teacher, but communicated to the parent by a teacher, or associate teacher not a teacher's assistant.
- Communicate with colleagues and administration in a professional and respectful manner.
- Always keep developmentally appropriate practice in mind when planning for and communicating with children and families.
- Represent the preschool and the APJCC in a positive manner both on campus and off.
- Ability to lift and carry at least 30lbs and
- Physical ability to sit on the floor or low chair and to squat down to be at eye level with children for up to 15 minutes at a time and
- Ability to stand and walk for up to one hour at a time and
- Level of physical fitness that allows for keeping pace with the activity level of young children.
- 24 units of ECE/CD (including the core courses) preferred but not required.
Amenities include fitness center, heated pool, children's pool, lighted tennis courts, full gymnasium, event auditorium and meeting rooms, athletic field, physical therapy clinic, free parking, childcare, acclaimed preschool for ages 18 months-5 years, day camp, recreation program for children with special needs, birthday parties, teen lounge, Center for Jewish Life & Learning, holiday celebrations, Judaica and Hebrew classes, enrichment classes on a variety of topics for all ages, dance and sports programs for children and adults. Event rentals available.