Location and Job Title:
801 Percy Warner Blvd
Nashville, TN 37205
The Payroll Specialist is responsible for all aspects of the payroll process using a web-based payroll solution to ensure that all payroll related payments are processed efficiently and accurately. Must work efficiently to manage a large amount of information that is sensitive and confidential. The Payroll Specialist will also support special projects and participate in accounting functions that arise. The Payroll Specialist is part of the Accounting Team and this flexible full-time position reports to the Director of Finance.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Review and submit bi-weekly payroll transmissions for 100+ part-time and full-time employees accurately and on-time
- Ensure onboarding and off-boarding is completed for all new hires and terminations.
- Oversee timekeeping entries and approvals for all non-exempt employees
- Responds to questions from employees, management, and regulatory agencies regarding payroll issues
- Coordinate with Director of Finance to maintain and update all employee files in a confidential manner.
- Maintain and review employee benefits administration systems such as health insurance plans and 403b retirement accounts to assess best fit and ensure compliance laws, regulations, and company policies
- Prepare reports as needed for various projects including 403b and Workers' Comp audits
- Reconcile monthly payroll entries and benefit deductions as part of accounting period end close.
- Ensure compliance with federal laws, rules and regulations and keep up to date with current developments in these areas
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Associates or Bachelor's degree preferred
- A minimum of 1-2 years of payroll and/or accounting experience
- Comprehensive knowledge of Human Resources and Payroll practices and procedures
- Familiarity with general accounting principles and business processes.
- Experience with Paycom preferred but not required
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, frequently changing environment
- Must function well in in a team environment as well as working independently
- Strong attention to detail and analytical abilities; strong organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal and oral/written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and show initiative
- Proficient with MS Office suite-particularly Excel
35,000 - 45,000
The Gordon Jewish Community Center
(Gordon JCC) is at the center of Jewish life in Nashville, providing recreational,
educational, social and cultural programs and services to over 1,700 member
families. Located on a beautiful 52-acre campus in west Nashville, it is a
place where non-Jews are welcome to join, play and learn side by side with
their Jewish neighbors. Camp Davis, established in 1930s, provides a day camp
experience for hundreds of school-age children each summer.
- Family membership
- Discounts on programs such as child care and day camp
- 403b match
- Health insurance plus life insurance and long-term disability