Location and Job Title:
The Memphis Jewish Community Center (MJCC)
6560 Poplar Ave.
Memphis, TN 38138
- Represents the President/C.E.O. by welcoming visitors, reviewing correspondence; arranging lunches/dinners and other functions; answering questions and meeting requests directed to the President/C.E.O.
- Provide administrative support for President/C.E.O., Chief Financial Officer (CFO), Chief Operating Officer (COO) and program directors as needed.
- Interact with JCC Board of Directors as needed and attend Board of Directors meetings; provide support to the Board of Directors by taking and distributing minutes.
- Maintain Executive calendar.
- Prepare confidential and non-confidential correspondence.
- Maintain multiple databases relating to various fundraising campaigns.
- Provide and encourage great customer service for members, guests, staff, and the community.
- Create and actively promote a comfortable and welcoming environment where every participant is treated with dignity and respect, in a friendly, personalized manner.
- Collaborate inter-departmentally and support staff when needed.
- Arranges travel and meetings for President/C.E.O., CFO, COO, and program directors; booking air travel and other transportation; arranging lodging and meeting accommodations.
- Completes projects and special assignments by establishing objectives; determining priorities; managing time; gaining cooperation of others; monitoring progress; problem-solving; making adjustments to plans.
Required to work Monday through Friday.
- High School Diploma required, Bachelors preferred; 1-3 years of related work experience in a JCC or similar environment is preferred.
- Excellent Microsoft Office Skills
- Demonstrated ability to show accuracy and great attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills and outstanding interpersonal skills
- Independent judgment, initiative and advanced administrative skills required
35,000 - 45,000
Located on 24 amazing acres in the heart of East Memphis, The Memphis Jewish Community Center has something for everyone of all shapes and sizes. We have an amazing Early Childhood Center, an expanded Fitness Center, a large outdoor water park, an Art House, Senior Adult gatherings, Summer Camp, After School activities, and most importantly a welcoming environment.