Location and Job Title:
Jewish Educational Alliance
5111 Abercorn Street
Savannah, GA 31405
Under general supervision, ensures the safety of patrons of an aquatic facility by preventing and responding to emergencies.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintains constant surveillance of patrons in the facility; acts immediately and appropriately to secure safety of patrons in the event of emergency.
- Provides emergency care and treatment as required until the arrival of emergency medical services.
- Presents professional appearance and attitude at all times, and maintains a high standard of customer service.
- Performs various maintenance duties as directed to maintain a clean and safe facility.
- Prepares and maintains appropriate activity reports.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Current Lifeguard/CPR/ First Aid Certification
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations
- Skill in the application of lifeguarding surveillance and rescue techniques.
- Ability to prepare routine administrative paperwork.
- Ability to follow routine verbal and written instructions.
- Knowledge of customer service standards and procedures.
The Jewish Educational Alliance serves as a meeting place for the Savannah Jewish Community,
supports the Savannah community at large, and has something to interest everyone of any age.
For over 100 years the JEA has been dedicated to ensuring a strong and vibrant Jewish life and community
for generations to come. Our summer camp and wide array of enriching activities provide opportunities to
discover the Savannah community through innovative programs designed to meet the needs of everyone
from infants to adults