Location and Job Title:
UPK Certified Teacher
Kingsbay YM-YWHA INC.
3495 Nostrand Ave
Brooklyn, NY 11229
The JCC Brooklyn -
North Williamsburg is seeking a UPK certified
teacher with strong leadership and interpersonal skills and at least 2 years of
- Participating in planning and implementing developmentally appropriate curriculum that is aligned with the NYC DOE Common Core guidelines.
- Effective communication with families and co-teachers
- Directly supervise children at all times and treats each child with dignity and respect, recognizing the cultural and socio-economic diversity of the population.
- Interact professionally, affectionately and respectfully with children, families and colleagues
- Consistently provide stimulating activities that will support their emotional, intellectual and social development following NYS Common Core Standards
- Encourage parental involvement in the program
- Nurture the parent-child bonding
- Keep an open line of communication between families regarding their child's developmental growth and transitions
- Experience using Authentic Assessment tool
- Work with parents to increase their understanding of child development, including but not limited to development stages, developmental appropriateness, early literacy and parental involvement
- Monitor physical and emotional well-being of children
- Assess family needs adhere to all health and safety policies and procedures while supervising the children at all times
- Accept supervision
- Attend regularly scheduled staff meetings and staff training
- Communicate effectively with others, including giving and receiving feedback
- Cooperate successfully and professionally as a member of a team
- Collaborate and offer ideas and materials with co-workers
- Must have a Masters Degree in Early Childhood
- Must be hold a NY State Teaching Certificate Birth-2nd
- Must be Fingerprinted by the Department of Investigation and Department of Education
have previous classroom experience in UPK classroom
8am-4pm Monday - Friday
Please note this is a 10 month position (September - June)
JCC Brooklyn - North Williamsburg is a community space that connects, uplifts, and inspires. As a newly emerging Jewish community center open to all backgrounds, we provide a wide array of programs for children and families to explore Jewish culture, values, holidays and Israel through music, storytelling, art, Hebrew, and food.
Our fun and engaging programs for families with kids up to age 5 take place at locations around the neighborhood and many are free of charge. We also offer family-friendly weekend activities for kids of all ages. Come join us. Share your story and let's write the next chapter together.
The Kings Bay YM-YWHA, an agency of UJA Federation of NY, has expanded its reach with annexes in Windsor Terrace, Clinton Hill and Sheepshead Bay. The JCC Brooklyn - North Williamsburg is the first JCC site to open in the community since the closing of the Williamsburg Y in the late 1960s.