Location and Job Title:
Fitness Floor Manager
Galbut Family Miami Beach JCC on the Simkins Family Campus
4221 Pine Tree Drive
Miami Beach, FL 33140
- Monitor the fitness floor to ensure the safety of all members; Enforce policies and procedures specific to the fitness floor and ensure a safe and inclusive environment
- Assist members and guests with concerns, questions, and incidents/accidents; Respond to any incidents/accidents and follow the emergency action plan
- Understand and demonstrate competencies in the emergency action plan
- Demonstrate safe and effective instruction to members and guests on all cardiovascular and strength equipment
- Assist members with spotting or lifts if necessary
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment by continuously organizing and cleaning all equipment as it is used by members while on shift
- Aid in cleaning and maintenance of all equipment to ensure proper operation; Report any equipment maintenance to the Fitness Director
- Greet members as they walk in the fitness area. Name recognition is desired.
- Control unruly behavior, improper use of equipment or any other action against the policies of the MBJCC
- Other duties as assigned by management
- Attend all staff trainings and meetings
- Bachelor's degree preferred but not required
- Knowledge of standard practices in gyms and fitness centers and an understanding of cardiovascular and strength equipment
- Outstanding customer service and leaderships skills
- Willingness and ability to enforce policies and resolve conflicts
- MUST BE AVAILABLE LATE AFTERNOONS/EARLY EVENINGS.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
- Ability to think quickly, make sound decisions on the spot, and thrive in an environment that values high expectations and accountability
- Ability to handle several tasks at once with frequent interruptions
- Ability and willingness to approach participants in a non-threatening manner and diffuse potential volatile situations
- Ability to provide customer service in a polite and informed manner
**Level of experience and certifications may be reflected in pay scale.
35,000 - 45,000
The Miami Beach Jewish Community Center (JCC) is a non-profit, social service agency founded upon Jewish ethics and values. Our goal is to provide quality programming to the community in everything from Children's Enrichment and After-school programming to Summer Camp; Fitness to Aquatics; Sports to parenting classes; Adult Educational programs to Arts & Cultural events and more. We strive to employ the most qualified persons and continue to provide them with the support and encouragement needed in order for them to continue to develop and grow professionally as well as assist the MBJCC reach its goals in customer service and satisfaction.