Location and Job Title:
The Roth Family JCC of Greater Orlando
851 N Maitland Ave.
Maitland, FL 32751
The JCC seeks certified and experienced personal trainers to conduct personal training sessions. Instructor must be able to successfully assess and screen clients, both initially and progressively with the ability to design health, wellness, and physical fitness programs that are tailored to their clients' specific needs and goals.
Also must have the ability to execute fitness programs that are both safe and effective for people of all fitness levels, ages and degrees of health.
Provides support for daily facility/exercise equipment cleanliness and maintenance.
Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Obtains new clients by counseling members regarding their personal fitness goals, objectives, and work outs
- May conduct consultations and prescribe exercises to help them reach their personal fitness goals
- Is responsible for assisting members, guests and clients in health, fitness, aerobic and weight training helping them meet their individual goals so they will maintain their membership
- May perform re-assessments and adjust workout routines to meet individual needs
- A desire for personal growth
- Continually monitors members and guests for the correct performance of exercises on and off equipment
- May promote tournaments and special activities to all members, guests and community
- May work in conjunction with the Director of Sports, fitness and Aquatics to assure work area and equipment safety standards are maintained
- Preforms other duties as requested
- Circulates through the fitness floor, engage members through encouragement and conversation, and corrects any exercises being performed incorrectly
- Follows fitness Center's policies and procedures in performance of duties. Participates in all staff meetings and other required activities
- Promotes and provides wellness services at events both on and off site, as needed
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Ability to create effective and safe exercise prescriptions
- Ability to obtain new clients
- Excellent communication skills
- Basic computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
- One year of relevant experience
- One year of customer service experience
- One year of Sales related experience
PREFFERED LICENSE AND/CERTIFICATIONS:
- Certification from a nationally recognized accredited body (required)
- American Red Cross CPR CERT (required)
Floor hours $15
Personal Training - Percentage based clientele
$25,000 - $35,000
The JCC is an equal opportunity employer to all qualified persons without regard to race, creed, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental handicap, or veteran status.
Since 1973, The Roth Family Jewish Community Center of Greater Orlando in Maitland has been the center of Jewish life in Central Florida and home to award-winning preschool, after school, summer camp, fitness, sports, arts and community programs.