Location and Job Title:
Jewish for Good at the Levin JCC
1937 W. Cornwallis Road
Durham, NC 27705
The Camp Director is a fulltime, salaried exempt position. This position is responsible for the oversight of key programs aligned with fulfilling mission for children and families. The main responsibilities include Camp Shelanu with a mindset of Camp 365.
This position is a members of the Professional Staff and serve as the face of their department, responsible for all day-to-day operations.
This role supervises the Assistant Camp Manager, Inclusion and Child Care Manager, and Camp/Enrichment Specialists. This position reports to our Director of Engagement.
Camp (school year 65%; summer 90%)
- Plan and market all aspects of summer camp.
- Manage budget, registration, communication with camp families, and evaluation of the summer program.
- Work with Assistant Camp Manager to:
- develop routines, policies, and procedures,
- develop all of the programming, both current and new programming areas, including group schedules, specialist schedules, special programming, and Jewish programming, and
- recruit, hire, schedule, coach, and evaluate the counselors
- Supervise specialists in curriculum development, scheduling, supply requisition, etc,
- Work with Inclusion and Child Care Manager to ensure all aspects of inclusion program are in place.
- Organize and oversee summer Shlichim (Israeli counselor) and host families.
- Plan, organize and execute pre-camp staff training orientation.
- Serve as a resource and role model for campers and staff on all camp-related issues.
- Act as manager-on-duty in a rotating schedule.
Camp & Youth Engagement Beyond the Summer (school year 35%; summer 10%)
- Develop and implement annual enrichment classes for early childhood and school aged children. This may include classes such as Aerial, tumbling, yoga, messy painters, Soccer Shots, etc.
More about Durham, NC from uphomes.com:
Considered to be one of the best places to live in North Carolina and one of the best mid-sized cities in the United States, Durham is well recognized for its record of low unemployment, top-of-the-line education system, and exceptional housing market.
Located just west of the state capital Raleigh and north of Chapel Hill, Durham is a popular city that makes up Research Triangle Park with a growing population of over 276,000 people.
Not only is Durham regarded as a good place to live, but it is also described as a cool city with a beautiful historic downtown and youthful vibe by locals and tourists alike.
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to Jack Reitz at firstname.lastname@example.org
- A degree in education, special education, children and family services, or other related field
- A minimum of 3+ years as an Assistant Camp Manager/Director or Camp Manager.
- Ability to hire, train, and supervise staff.
- Demonstrated program innovation & administration, preferably in childrens programming
- Strong background/knowledge in Jewish education/themes/values, Jewish Holidays and Israel
- Enthusiasm, adaptability, dependability, and an excellent work ethic.
- Professionalism and excellent customer service skills.
- Experience working with children with special needs.
- Strong office skills and computer skills. (Word, Excel, ability to learn new database/software)
- CPR and first aid certifications preferred (can be completed on the job)
- Available some evening and weekend; this position does not take vacation during the camp season and has limited ability to take vacation on Schools Out Days, which fall on many Jewish and Federal Holidays.
$45,000 - $55,000
Visit www.jewishforgood.org for more info about Jewish for Good at the Levin JCC.