Location and Job Title:
801 Percy Warner Blvd
Nashville, TN 37205
The lifeguard is responsible for ensuring the health and safety of members and guests by providing continuous surveillance of aquatics area; responding to any level of incident or emergency around the aquatics area(s) and/or facility; enforcing established safety rules and regulations in a fair and polite manner; various pool operation tasks; as well as any other required tasks assigned by the Aquatics Director or designee.
- Primary: monitors aquatics areas as assigned and performs all emergency care as necessary.
- Maintains active surveillance of patrons in designated zones; acts immediately and appropriately to maintain health & safety
- Provides immediate & appropriate emergency care as required until the arrival of emergency medical services are able to take over
- Provides backup to primary responders in the event of an emergency when not on active surveillance duty
- Lifeguards will be provided and are expected to wear appropriate, clean uniform/attire while on shift.
- Secondary: performs scheduled aquatics facility maintenance as outlined in daily check offs binder; acts as an ambassador for GJCC Aquatics to all patrons & Staff
- Opening/closing procedures, empties skimmers, vacuums pool, cleans pool deck & stainless steel, chemical testing & logs,
- Alerts Aquatics Director or designee to dangerous conditions at the time condition is found; closes area until situation can be corrected.
- Enforces all pool rules & regulations in a polite and fair manner
- Attends all in-service training, maintains accurate availability & communicates with leadership staff in a timely manner when issues may arise
- Lifeguards are expected to work at least 1 shift per pay period, and at least 1 weekend per month.
- Tertiary: All other duties as assigned by the Aquatics Director or designee to provide a friendly, inviting, innovative and educational environment to be enjoyed by all who attend
- 15 years of age
- Possess a current valid American Red Cross Lifeguard Certification or equivalent. Obtain Administering emergency 02 within 90 days of hire
- 500 yard continuous swim, front crawl or breaststroke or combination of the two
- 2 minutes treading water
- Detail oriented with a critical eye
- Comfortably perform all physical duties as outlined in the ARC Lifeguard curriculum or equivalent, including bending, lifting, and swimming, kneeling, sitting and standing for extended periods of time.
- Comfortable taking direction from leadership staff as it pertains to the job
- Ability to push, pull or lift up to 50lbs
- Ability to work nights, weekends and holidays as needed.
- Maintain appropriate work attire and hygiene
- Ability to understand and follow rules, procedures, and directions; work independently as well as part of a team in a diverse community without prejudice towards religion, gender, socio-economic groups, sexual orientation, or other diverse groups.
- Must be able to pass pre-employment testing that includes but is not limited to: drug testing, background check, skills competency check.
The Gordon Jewish Community Center
(Gordon JCC) is at the center of Jewish life in Nashville, providing recreational,
educational, social and cultural programs and services to over 1,700 member
families. Located on a beautiful 52-acre campus in west Nashville, it is a
place where non-Jews are welcome to join, play and learn side by side with
their Jewish neighbors. Camp Davis, established in 1930s, provides a day camp
experience for hundreds of school-age children each summer.