Location and Job Title:
Lifeguard - All Shifts but especially shifts from 5am - 4pm
801 Percy Warner Blvd
Nashville, TN 37205
Get your tan on, and make some
money while you're at it... sunscreen required, of course! We're hiring lifeguards ! Find your next summer (and fall) job at the J! Come work for
us, we'll train you at no charge! Flexible schedule, great team! Classes are
coming up soon!
The lifeguard is responsible for ensuring the health and safety of members and guests by providing continuous surveillance of aquatics area; responding to any level of incident or emergency around the aquatics area(s) and/or facility; enforcing established safety rules and regulations in a fair and polite manner; various pool operation tasks; as well as any other required tasks assigned by the Aquatics Director or designee.
- 15 years of age
- Willing to obtain or currently have a current valid American Red Cross Lifeguard Certification or equivalent.
- 500 yard continuous swim, front crawl or breaststroke or combination of the two
- 2 minutes treading water
- Detail oriented with a critical eye
- Comfortably perform all physical duties as outlined in the ARC Lifeguard curriculum or equivalent, including bending, lifting, and swimming, kneeling, sitting and standing for extended periods of time.
- Comfortable taking direction from leadership staff as it pertains to the job
- Ability to push, pull or lift up to 50lbs
- Ability to work nights, weekends and holidays as needed.
- Maintain appropriate work attire and hygiene
- Ability to understand and follow rules, procedures, and directions; work independently as well as part of a team in a diverse community without prejudice towards religion, gender, socio-economic groups, sexual orientation, or other diverse groups.
- Must be able to pass pre-employment testing that includes but is not limited to: drug testing, background check, skills competency check.
$25,000 - $35,000
The Gordon Jewish Community Center (Gordon JCC) is at the center of Jewish life in Nashville, providing recreational, educational, social and cultural programs and services to over 1,700 member families. Located on a beautiful 52-acre campus in west Nashville, it is a place where non-Jews are welcome to join, play and learn side by side with their Jewish neighbors. Camp Davis, established in 1930s, provides a day camp experience for hundreds of school-age children each summer.