Location and Job Title:
Finance Project Manager
Commonpoint Queens - Samuel Field Y
58-20 Little Neck Parkway
Little Neck, NY 11362
STATEMENT OF THE POSITION
Within our framework of a holistic, strength-focused, and high quality service delivery to the clients of the Queens community, an individual hired as the Finance Project Manager will report directly to the Chief Financial Officer. Positioned to be at the core of our finance department, this position will require a strong, collaborative, organized professional who thrives on working on teams.All Employees must present proof of vaccination.
Commonpoint Queens - Forest Hills Location
Full Time Position
Education & Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or related field.
- At least two (2) years working with previous accounting or financial management experience.
- Candidate must possess excellent interpersonal, public speaking, writing, organization, problem-solving, and management skills. Successful candidates will possess the ability to work collaboratively, demonstrate professional presence, and establish and maintain effective working relationships with diverse staff and clients.
- Ability to effectively balance and manage multiple projects with competing priorities.
- Advanced level knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and G-Suite; use of internet required in on-line reporting systems for data entry.
- Accounting system knowledge:
- Ability to travel to our multiple locations.
- Scheduling and managing task and project timelines for the CFO.
- Serve as the front line of the finance department and assist with helping the agency staff identify the correct finance team member to address their concerns and issues.
- Work with department supervisors and team members to implement project schedules and ensure that teams meet milestones throughout project life cycles. Take an active role in preventing delays and ensuring that deliverables are completed according to schedule.
- Oversight of financial projects that relate directly to the organization's overall function, revenue and expenses, cash flow, compliance and reporting.
- Conduct financial due diligence and apply accounting procedures while also gathering and analyzing data from many sources at once.
- In collaboration with the Comptroller and CFO, assist with preparing cost-benefit analyses for projects across departments while identifying areas where cash flow and revenue can be improved.
- Participate in the budgeting, forecasting and financial management processes, both to help teams complete projects according to estimated budgets.
- Assist with communicating and managing big-picture agency financial goals and long-term forecasting with day-to-day oversight of cash flow, revenue, and expenditures in order to make well-informed decisions about emerging opportunities and areas for improvement.
- Build and work with cross-functional teams to support members of the finance department. The ability to coordinate across departments and motivate staff members to complete projects according to both internal and external deadlines is vital. This ensures that financial projects like balance sheets and shareholder reports are submitted according to laws and guidelines and helps support organizational performance by delivering a high level of project completion.
- Actively seek methods to enhance overall efficiency and performance. Maintain an active role in day-to-day work within the project lifecycle and assist in identifying cost-saving opportunities at the organizational level.
- Identify areas for improvement and develop solutions to prevent project delays and help a company meet its budgetary and cash flow goals.
- Manage financial needs across multiple locations, including movement of checks, invoices, etc. to ensure they arrive to their correct location efficiently and timely.
- Assist our HR and payroll teams with the recurring timely completion and submission of payroll by helping to solve issues pertaining to the usability of our systems.
- Facilitate communication with both team members and executives during the project lifecycle. Assist the CFO with presenting findings to stakeholders and effectively communicate between team members and other agency departments.
- Communicate goals and expectations to team members and also share progress and ask questions of agency management, as directed by the CFO.
- Other administrative duties as assigned.
General Tasks of All Commonpoint Queens Staff
- Promote and implement the Core Values of the Jewish Community Center.
- Participation in all staff meetings and staff training seminars.
- Participation in agency-wide programs and program committees, as assigned.
- Active involvement, as a supervisee, in the supervision process.
- Support the mission of Commonpoint Queens.
- Other tasks appropriate to Commonpoint Queens staff, as assigned.
Commonpoint Queens reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises.
Commonpoint Queens is an equal opportunity employer/program. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities.
55,000 - 65,000
Commonpoint Queens is a non-profit, multi service agency with a flagship site in Forest Hills and 33 additional sites throughout the community that provides a diverse array of programs and services to over 35,000. Our mission is to sustain and enhance the quality of family and individual life for all members of our community, regardless of religion, ethnic or cultural background, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual preference, age, or disability, within a pervasive and inclusive environment that facilitates individual growth, meets individual needs and builds community. We accomplish this mission through a broad range of social, educational, and recreational services that reach community members of all ages and backgrounds.