Location and Job Title:
Aquatics & Recreation Coordinator
Shimon and Sara Birnbaum JCC
775 Talamini Rd
Bridgewater, NJ 08807
Swim Team: Lead Development Coach
- Being the lead coach for the developmental groups on the team, including the Pre-Competitive group.
- Designing season plans in accordance with the Head Coach.
- Assisting with other training groups as needed.
- Attending scheduled USA Swim meets.
- Working with the Head Coach to recruit new swimmers and schedule tryouts.
- Assisting the parent committee with tasks such as spirit wear orders, group socials, and the end of season banquets for both the short course season and Summer Tide.
- Performing Administrative tasks such as meet entries, weekly newsletters, updating the team website, etc.
- Evening Supervisor of pools
- Supervising lifeguards
- Overseeing maintenance of pool including chemical, cleanliness
- Lifeguarding as needed
- Other Aquatics Duties as needed
- Creating, organizing and implementing new recreation and enrichment classes and programs for Early Childhood, youth, teens and adults.
- Teach Early Childhood Center Physical Education classes.
- Oversee gym rentals, contracts, promoting and outreach for additional rentals.
- Managing Gym Schedule.
- Monitor Gymnasium and Work with Fitness Staff to monitor locker-rooms.
- Work with marketing team to make sure all your programs are being marketed as needed.
- Generate, integrate and shares new ideas; demonstrate creativity and develop innovative programs, services, and systems always looking for growth opportunities for sports and recreation programming.
- Proactively foster, develop and maintain relationships in the community that will allow JCC to enhance and expand services.
- Build successful partnerships and synergy with agency program and operations staff.
Swim Club and/or Day Camp Responsibilities. Role dependent on Candidate.
Overall JCC Duties
- Support the mission of the JCC.
- Represent and promote JCC at community-wide events, programs, and open-houses, including those that fall on evenings and weekends throughout the year.
- Work with members and clients of the JCC to ensure happiness and ease concerns.
- Attend full staff and program staff meetings.
- Participation in professional development workshops/conferences, training seminars and webinars, as assigned.
- Posses sense of humor, and the desire to have fun!
- Actively pursue an understanding of all JCC programs in order to provide the seamless stewardship of families through Agency offerings.
- Saturday and many evenings this position serves the "professional" staff on duty in the building. During the summer months hours will be adjusted to fit with the pool club/camp schedule.
Bachelor Degree in related field.
Certified Lifeguard (or willing to become certified).
Certified Pool Operator (or willing to become a CPO).
Experience in Teaching/Coaching Swim.
Proven experience in youth, aquatics and sports programs.
Works well in a team as well as independently.
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Highly organized and detail oriented.
Ability to adapt and always have a calm demeanor.
This job description is not exhaustive of all responsibilities associated with the position. The Bridgewater JCC reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises.
THE SHIMON AND SARA BIRNBAUM JEWISH COMMUNITY CENTER is a non-sectarian social service agency located on 14 acres on Talamini Road in Bridgewater. The JCC opened its doors to the community in December 1999 after years of planning and fundraising by a passionate group of local families that were driven to bring a JCC to our tri-county area.
The JCC is an agency of the Jewish Federation of Somerset, Hunterdon and Warren Counties and serves residents of Somerset, Hunterdon and Warren Counties with fitness, recreation, social, cultural and educational programming for the entire community. The JCC is the central address of our widely spread, diverse Jewish community and serves as coordinator and locale for many community-wide events and for programs of Jewish education & culture. Universal humanistic Jewish values and ethics serve as the foundation for our JCC. The JCC is governed by a Board of Directors that works with JCC Professional Staff to fulfill our mission of providing quality programs and services to meet the needs and wants of the Jewish and general communities.
The JCC facility includes heated indoor and outdoor salt-based pools. A dome enclosed outdoor pool is available in the off-season for year-round use. The JCC has a newly renovated and expanded fitness center, group fitness studio, spin studio and gymnasium. We offer more than 70 group fitness classes/week, including the internationally acclaimed Les Mills Fitness Program.