Location and Job Title:
New Orleans JCC
5342 St. Charles Ave
New Orleans, LA 70115
The New Orleans Jewish Community Center is seeking an experienced, creative, and outgoing individual to play a key role in organizing and coordinating the local Big Easy BBYO chapter as the primary offering by the JCC for teen engagement. The JCC strives to provide an inclusive, fun, safe, stimulating, and supportive environment for all teens. We are leaders, mentors, advocates, and positive role models enabling youth to grow, develop a positive sense of self, and a lifelong commitment to the community.
This is a part time position at the New Orleans Jewish Community Center.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Developing, implementing, and evaluating all of the New Orleans' BBYO Chapter activities and members.
- Collaborating with Jewish teens and youth leaders to develop and implement programming across a wide spectrum of topics.
- Serving as the primary supervisor for the local BBYO youth board; helping youth leaders create and implement a 9-month calendar of offerings for local Jewish youth.
- Overseeing BBYO chapter membership, recruitment, retention, administration, and budget.
- Serving as a staff member for all BBYO local meetings, dinners, activities as well as attending regional events as a chaperone and staff member.
- Assisting the New Orleans JCC Youth and Family Engagement Department activities including holiday programs and special events.
- Summertime responsibilities shift to focusing on JCC Summer Camp and other teen offerings.
- A bachelor's degree in a related field OR 0-3 years of demonstrated and successful experience working with teens.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills. Excellent communication and writing skills in English.
- Effective program/administration event planning and coordination experience.
- Commitment to fostering leadership skills and development among teens.
- Knowledge of Jewish culture, traditions, and practice.
- Must have a valid driver's license and access to regular transportation.
- Ability to lift objects (up to 50lb), setup program spaces, and transport supplies. Ability to ascend/descend stairs to move throughout work locations. Able to stand and be mobile for long periods of time.
- Ability to work nighttime events, weekend programs, and occasional travel to regional and national gatherings.
- Desire to be coached and grow professional skills.
- Ability to work on a team, but also be able to run events individually.
- Savvy in social media marketing and communication.
- Prior BBYO knowledge or involvement is preferred, but not required.
Interested candidates should apply to email@example.com
The New Orleans JCC is a state-of-the-art fitness center and pool, a leader in New Orleans early childhood education, a fun-filled summer day camp and so much more. It is a place for adults to take an exercise class, an art class or dance class. A place for children and teens to experience learning through enrichment classes, sports leagues, family activities, and summer camps. The JCC is built on Jewish values, but is welcome to everyone.