Location and Job Title:
Louis S. Wolk Jewish Community Center of Greater Rochester
1200 Edgewood Ave
Rochester, NY 14618
The Louis S. Wolk Jewish Community Center of Greater Rochester located alongside the Erie Canal in Brighton has multiple part and full time openings for Teacher Assistants/Floaters at our Wolk Children's Center!
If you are seeking a full or part time opportunity as an Assistant Teacher/Floater in a highly respected Early Learning Center we would like to meet with you!
If you have one - two years direct, proven experience working with children ages 8 weeks to Pre-K we are have several shifts available.
We offer a variety of educational experiences as you will be rotating between several classrooms!
Benefits include a JCC membership to our Fitness and Aquatics Center!
- Full time employee benefits include health, vision, dental, and paid time off.
Full time hours include a rotating (8) hour shift between the hours of 7:00 am and 6:00 pm. Monday - Friday.
Part time shifts as follows:
7 am - 12 pm
10 am - 3 pm
12 pm - 6 pm
- Maintain a nurturing classroom environment that meets the emotional, social, physical and cognitive needs of each child
- Provide curriculum support to encourage curiosity, exploration, and problem-solving appropriate to the development levels of the children in your care
- Modeling developmentally appropriate activities through daily contact with children and other early childhood staff in the classroom
- Maintaining open, friendly, and cooperative relationship with each child's family and encourage their involvement in the program
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individual with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
- Ability to provide individual and group instruction to children and observe and assess child behavior and model positive behavior management techniques and safety regulations.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of current child development practices; complete 15 hours of training on mandated topics each year
- Attend weekly meetings to reflect and plan with the other teachers in the classroom.
- Maintain confidentiality for children, families and staff at the JCC
- Report any suspected abuse to the Head Teacher or Director
- Greet children as they are dropped off outside at the Center and escort to classroom.
- Assist with escorting children to their parents in the evening in the Center drop off pick up area.
Education and Experience
- CDA is preferred.
- Certifications: Current CPR and First Aid certifications preferred. Medical Administration Training certification is recommended.
- Experience: Minimum of one to two year's experience in a group child care setting preferred.
Computer Skills: Basic knowledge of Microsoft Word and ability to utilize the parent communication website
Dress Code: Casual dress. Facial masks and smocks are required during work hours and are provided.
- Ability to assist children in an emergency situation.
- Possess the strength, endurance and vigilance required to maintain constant supervision of children.
- Ambulatory ability to manage uneven ground, hills, and steps.
- Ability to lift a child repetitively weighing between 10-15 lbs and occasionally up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to kneel, bend, squat, stand, and sit on the floor or on child-size furniture for prolonged periods of time.
25,000 - 35,000