Location and Job Title:
Certified Personal Trainer
Goldring-Woldenberg JCC - Metairie
3747 W Esplanade Ave
Harry & Jeannette Weinberg Building
Metairie, LA 70002
The Goldring-Woldenberg JCC- Metairie is seeking a professional personal trainer to work part time at the Metairie location. Our our fitness center lends never ending opportunities for self motivated fitness professionals. Please read ALL of the below and if you qualify, send resume (including certifications) and short email to Alexis Smith, Wellness Director (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- JCC one-on-one personal trainers will provide individualized, effective, and safe training sessions to JCC members. These sessions will reflect the objectives, goals, and wishes of the client. Trainers will create personalized exercise prescriptions based upon the client's level of physical fitness and capacity for both cardiovascular and weight bearing exercises. A client's pre-existing condition(s) and/or physical limitations will be taken into account when developing a training regimen.
- Trainers must take a client's health history and perform a fitness assessment prior to initiating personal training. A medical release must be attained, prior to training, for those clients who display high or multiple risk factors. A client's pertinent and personal information must remain confidential. All health history forms must be submitted to the Wellness Director upon completion. Clients will receive additional fitness assessments approximately every 6-8 weeks to re-evaluate goals and see progress.
- Personal trainers will work within their scope of knowledge and skill. Refer clients to professionals with appropriate training and expertise beyond your realm of knowledge or to the Wellness Director when appropriate.
- Training sessions will be either 30 (when applicable) or 60 minutes.
- All clients must pay for sessions prior to training at the fitness desk.
- Clients will be charged for sessions cancelled within 24-hours.
- If a trainer fails to show for a client's training session, that client will be entitled to that session and, at the trainer's discretion, an additional free session. Any "free" sessions must be approved by the Wellness Director.
- All personal trainers need to be currently certified. It is your responsibility to keep current on your certifications and your continuing education credits. The JCC will accept the following personal training certifications:
***You must also have a valid and current CPR certification. No online certifications will be accepted.
- You must participate in scheduled staff meetings/training and development.
- Indicate a willingness to satisfy members. Since you are a representative of the JCC, please do not join members in complaining about the center. Hear the members out and explain to them that you will notify Fitness Management with their concerns immediately.
- Please help maintain a safe and clean exercise environment. Put away all equipment after use by clients during the training session.
- A JCC personal training shirt or jacket is required when training and the JCC Logo must be on the outside layer of clothes at all times.
- Be respectful, courteous, and professional to JCC members at all times.
- Be familiar with all fitness programming at the JCC. If you have any questions concerning any of the programming or other JCC services, please ask the Wellness Director.
- You must work a minimum of eight hours/week at the JCC in order to utilize the fitness center for yourself
- Family members may be eligible for a free membership if the trainer works 20+ hours a week consistently.
- If you are working out and a member wishes to use the piece of equipment you are currently using, you must allow them to use it. The fitness center is for members first and employees second.
Notify the Wellness Director at least two weeks in advance of any planned absences plus any clients involved. In case of emergency, notify the Wellness Director as soon as possible.
Our Community ...Values Jewish culture, practice and thought, and serves as an educational resource for JCC members and for all New Orleanians with an interest in Judaism...Knows that comfortable, clean and conveniently located facilities set the tone for everything we do at the JCC...Embraces health and wellness, and JCC Fitness Centers are committed to helping members achieve positive lifestyle changes...Embraces children through education, sports and family activities...Celebrates the joys of childhood and encourages the independence of youth...Values lifelong learning, encourages friendship among adults of all ages and extends special assistance to elders.