Location and Job Title:
Early Childhood After Care Teacher
5625 Arlington Ave
Bronx, NY 10471
Provides childcare in a variety of programs, plans activities for a mixed age group, and works as a team of the teachers.
Key Responsibilities, in coordination and consultation with the Director, include:
- Help maintain a child-centered classroom environment that is inviting and clean
- Carry out appropriate and positive discipline established in accordance with the philosophy of the school
- Help to ensure the safety and welfare of the children and protect each from physical or emotional harm. This includes performing all tasks with an appropriate level of confidentiality.
- Supervise and interact with children at all times; snack times, rest periods, diapering/restroom times, play times, and activity times.
- Maintain observation records and other required classroom logs correctly.
- Know all health and emergency policies of the program and are ready and willing to implement them if necessary.
- Help with general housekeeping tasks.
- Maintain appropriate communication with staff, children, and families at all times.
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Step in for different teachers to provide breaks.
Hours: Must be available Monday - Friday, from 3PM to 6 PM
Qualities and Qualifications:
Salary: $18-21 an hour (commensurate with experience)
$35,000 - $45,000
About The Riverdale YM-YWHA:
The Riverdale Y is a 50,000 sq. ft. Jewish Community Center that provides educational, recreational, cultural, and wellness programming for children and adults of all ages. The Y features an early childhood center, camps and afterschool programs, senior center, performing arts center, and health & wellness center that includes cardio and free weight studios, group exercise classes, gymnasium, and swimming pool. The Riverdale Y is rooted in universal values central to Jewish life. We celebrate diversity and welcome the entire community.