Location and Job Title:
Early Childhood Teachers
New Orleans JCC
5342 St. Charles Ave
New Orleans, LA 70115
The New Orleans JCC Nursery School seeks early childhood teachers. The Nursery School serves children 13 months through pre-k and is looking for experienced teachers to work with toddlers, preschoolers or pre-k students. Teacher candidates must provide leadership to maintain the high quality of the JCC's Nursery School, offer excellent care and education for young children, and build strong collaborations with families. Our school operates on a nine-month school calendar with the opportunity to work summer camp.
- Undergraduate degree in Early Childhood Education or related field preferred; a minimum of three years experience teaching young children.
- Must be a sensitive and mature individual who is able to relate well to both children and adults.
- Essential that he/she have the personality and ability to provide warmth, leadership and stability for program continuity.
- Knowledge of Reggio-Emilia and the constructivist approach is a plus.
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively with both parents and co-workers.
25,000 - 35,000
Our Community ...Values Jewish culture, practice and thought, and serves as an educational resource for JCC members and for all New Orleanians with an interest in Judaism...Knows that comfortable, clean and conveniently located facilities set the tone for everything we do at the JCC...Embraces health and wellness, and JCC Fitness Centers are committed to helping members achieve positive lifestyle changes...Embraces children through education, sports and family activities...Celebrates the joys of childhood and encourages the independence of youth...Values lifelong learning, encourages friendship among adults of all ages and extends special assistance to elders.