Location and Job Title:
Lawrence Family JCC of San Diego County- Jacobs Family Campus
4126 Executive Drive
La Jolla, CA 92037
Reporting to the Associate Director of Sport, Fitness & Aquatics, the Lifeguard is responsible for the safety of members and participants in and around the aquatic facility. The position prevents potential accidents by adhering to policies set forth by the American Red Cross and the JCC Aquatics team for members and non- members of the Lawrence Family Jewish Community Center, Friedenberg Olympic Pool.
PAY RATE/STATUS: $13.00 per hour / Part-time, Non-Exempt / Year-Round
- Must be at least 16 years old.
- Current certificates preferred - American Red Cross Lifeguarding/First-Aid certification, American Red Cross Blood Pathogen, American Red Cross CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer.
- Can train/certify staff on all certifications.
- Ability to communicate in a polite and courteous manner.
- Ability to be punctual to all scheduled shifts.
- Sufficient strength, agility and mobility to perform essential functions of position and to supervise program activities.
- Frequently is required to stand, walk, sit, and reach with hands and arms for long periods of time.
- Occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Regularly required to communicate.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance, peripheral, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Able to lift up to 30-50lbs. Ability to pull pool covers ranging 30-50lbs.
- Able to perform all American Red Cross Lifeguarding skills and CPR/AED.
HOW TO APPLY: If interested in the position, please reply with your cover letter and resume. NO PHONE CALLS
The mission of the Lawrence Family Jewish Community Center, JACOBS FAMILY CAMPUS is to provide social, cultural, educational, and recreational programs to individuals and families of all ages, religions, races, financial abilities, and physical and mental abilities. Likewise, the JCC provides equal opportunity employment to individuals of all religions and backgrounds. The JCC welcomes San Diego's diverse Jewish community and the community at large.