Location and Job Title:
Galbut Family Miami Beach JCC on the Simkins Family Campus
4221 Pine Tree Drive
Miami Beach, FL 33140
Location: Miami Beach JCC- 4221 Pine Tree Dr, Miami Beach FL 33140
Accountable to: Pool Operator and Swim Gym Technical Director
Qualifications: Must possess the following valid certifications: CPR, First Aid, L.G., WSI (Required)
Primary Objectives: To guard the safety of our patrons, to maintain a clean and safe facility and to promote a safe and friendly environment.
-Ensure the safety of our patrons, members and guests at all times: SAFETY IS ALWAYS PRIORITY
The JCC Lifeguard must comply with all regulatory standards set forth during certification training.
-If it is necessary, give care to patrons that get hurt and fill up an incident report. Administer First Aid/CPR as necessary
-Practice preventative lifeguard techniques at all times, which include: positioned to have full view of the area of responsibility and continuously scan the area of responsibility, know the pool rules and educate participants of them, only leave guard stand, in order to execute surveillance duties more effectively or as assigned by Pool Operator / Aquatics Director.
CLEANING IS EVERYONE'S JOB: Maintenance means keeping the facility clean at all times. This includes:
- Swimming pool: clean gutters, brush walls, skim surface, clean tiles, vacuum pool bottom, performing a backwash.
- Pool deck: sweep debris, hose down, pressure wash.
- Access halls: hose down and scrub or pressure wash.
- Take out and put away aquatic equipment after use, for example:
- Remove and Reset lane lines for each individual group as needed.
- Stand-up paddle boards, water-polo goals, grinch, logroll etc.
- Assist swim teachers, fetching equipment such as lanes, barbells, balls, sinking toys, etc.
- Keep accurate numbers in the hourly attendance log and totalize at the end of the day.
- Every day initial complete opening/during the day/closing task list, and make note of additional duties performed. Make sure to read while you are checking the list and do not mark duties that you didn't complete.
- It is mandatory to attend the in-service training and all the meetings that you are requested.
- Keep all certifications up to date and on file (L.G., CPR, First Aid, and WSI)
- You must know your schedule, to work the scheduled hours as assigned to you, and know how to read the Master schedule.
- Outdoor guard-stand umbrellas must be closed every time you leave the stand or during strong winds.
- Working Relationships at our Friendly Environment
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
- Skill in the application of lifeguarding surveillance and rescue techniques.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment physical skills evaluation as stipulated by the department.
- Ability to prepare routine administrative paperwork.
- Knowledge of CPR and emergency medical procedures.
- Ability to follow routine verbal and written instructions.
- Knowledge of customer service standards and procedures.
25,000 - 35,000