You are here: Home
| Search for a Job
Location and Job Title:
Chief Advancement Officer
2000 Hollywood Dr
York, PA 17403
Overview: The Chief Advancement Officer (CAO) works collaboratively with management team members to establish and execute a plan for increased revenue for the organization. Key areas of focus include the continued leadership and strengthening of the development, marketing, and membership teams.
- Develop, lead, and manage an excellent JCC Advancement team, establishing annual goals, initiatives, and budgets to support the JCC's financial and operational objectives.
- Actively engage with the CEO in co-creating and implementing a comprehensive strategic development plan. Attend Board of Directors meetings, and collaborate with the CEO and board advancement committee to develop and implement strategies and achieve goals in annual and major giving, fundraising events and new member and retention initiatives.
- Provide leadership and expertise in the area of major gift solicitation. Identify, cultivate, solicit and steward major donors, foundations, and prospects to grow, strengthen, and nurture the donor base.
- Oversee the planning, development and execution of all marketing, communications and brand development initiatives related to membership, programs, development and other services.
- Oversee project management systems.
- Oversee gift processing by ensuring policies, systems and procedures based on ethical standards.
- Develop and manage the annual fundraising budget and work plan; track and report results to the CEO and Board of Directors.
- Oversee the development of annual marketing and membership budgets and work plans in collaboration with the Marketing and Membership Directors.
- Model a leadership style that is supportive, collaborative and respectful of staff.
- Monitor, participate in and adhere to best practices in philanthropy and communications.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the CEO.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution of higher education
- 8+ years' experience in fundraising, business development, marketing and/or sales background
- Supervisor experience of a 3+ person department
- Demonstrated ability to build a culture of philanthropy within an organization
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, ability to cultivate relationships
- Proficiency in organizing and prioritizing tasks in a fast-paced environment; manages towards clarity and finds solutions
- Understand and/or possess an openness to Jewish culture and traditions
- Serve as integral member of the Leadership Team
- Attend all meetings and events that support the department's main objectives and responsibilities
- Positively and actively promote the JCC's mission, membership, programs, events, and charitable purpose to JCC members and the general public
- Be familiar with the mission, vision and Core Values of the JCC.
$85,000 - $95,000
Who We Are
The JCC is a non-profit community center that welcomes the diverse population of York County, regardless of religion, financial or ethnic background. Since 1910 the JCC's role has changed and expanded to reflect the current times. Our staff is committed to providing members and guests with high quality programs and customer service. Included in a membership is the use of the fitness center, over 100 group and water fitness classes each week, lap and family swims, open gym use, family art and gym activities, a relaxation center complete with whirlpool, sauna and steam room, and discounts on fitness, social, and enrichment classes and programs.
The JCC provides programming for:
- Wellness & Fitness for all ages
- Youth Fitness, Dance & Sports
- Children's Education and Child Care
- Holocaust Education
- Diversity Education
- Jewish Cultural Programs
- Contemporary Adult Programming