Location and Job Title:
Recreational Babysitting Childcare Worker, Part-Time
Arthur M. Glick JCC of Indianapolis
6701 Hoover Rd
Indianapolis, IN 46260
Recreational babysitters provide childcare for members while they work out. They provide a safe and secure environment for children aged 6 weeks through age 7.
Duties and Requirements
- Maintain a safe, secure, clean environment for the children.
- Never leave the children unattended in the babysitting room.
- Always escort the children when they need to leave the room (ie, bathroom, etc.)
- Interact with the children and treat them equally. Your own child(ren) are welcome to come to work with you. However, you are being paid to interact with and care for all the children in the room and not devote your attention to only your child. Allowing your children in the babysitting room is a privilege and accommodation that we are happy to provide; however, if the privilege is abused, it will be revoked.
- Supervise and participate in activities with the children; staff should be actively engaged with children whenever children are present in the room; the only time babysitters may read, do homework, etc. is when there are no children present in the room.
- Assist children with snacks and bathroom needs, including diaper changes.
- Effectively communicate with parents as they drop off/pick up children; greet them when they arrive, acknowledge when they leave. Exhibit a friendly and welcoming demeanor and attitude to children, parents, and co-workers.
- Enforce Well-Child policy (i.e. turn away children who are sick and may get others sick)
- Verify that all children (irrespective of age) are signed in/out of babysitting room.
- Collect payment for babysitting services (only "Babybucks" are accepted).
- Clean and disinfect toys, equipment, etc. and put away all toys/tidy room at the end of each day.
- Work and communicate effectively and professionally with co-workers.
- Work your scheduled shifts; call your supervisor at least 2 hours in advance if you will be absent or late; find someone to cover your shift if you are unable to work it.
- Sign and abide by the JCC Child Abuse Prevention Code of Conduct.
- Use of cell phones is prohibited while working in the recreational babysitting room while children are present, except for emergencies.
- Embrace and abide by the JCC Internal Service Standards of Respect, Gratitude, Communication, The Golden Rule, and Ownership/Accountability
- Must enjoy working with children (ages infant through 7 years) with previous childcare experience.
- Strong knowledge of and certified CPR, AED and first aid within 3 months of employment.
- Must have good communication skills.
- Must be at least 16 years of age.
Interested candidates should send resumes to Drew Alexander, Director of Member Engagement.
over 100 years, members of the Indianapolis community have enjoyed a diverse
range of services for all ages and interests at the JCC Indianapolis. With
recreational, educational and social programs and facilities that include a
fitness center, water park, therapy pool, early childhood education center, art
gallery, indoor tennis center, basketball courts and more, you can't help
but find something to love at the JCC Indianapolis. For more information,