Location and Job Title:
Program Area Leader, Athletics - Camp Seneca Lake
Louis S. Wolk Jewish Community Center of Greater Rochester
1200 Edgewood Ave
Rochester, NY 14618
Program Area Leaders (PALs) are responsible for developing curriculum, teaching, and supervising campers and staff in a specific Program Area. PALs are required to be certified in certain areas as it pertains to their program area (ex. Lifeguarding for Pool PAL). PALs must set and follow through with staff and camper expectations as it pertains to the program curriculum. Program Area Leaders must demonstrate sound judgment and establish a nurturing and safe environment for all campers and staff. PALs will work in partnership with assigned staff and report directly to the Programming Department.
- Serve as a Senior Staff member.
- Be responsible for the general health and safety of all campers and staff.
- Establish an atmosphere in which campers feel secure, happy, and included.
- Supervise campers and staff under their immediate care at all times.
- Ensure campers and staff adhere to camp rules.
- Act as a positive role model.
- Participate in all camp activities and supervisory initiatives.
- Cooperate with all other staff regarding matters of rules, safety, and program.
The Athletics Program Area Leader must be proficient in a variety of land sports including but not limited to; basketball, softball, tennis, volleyball, gaga, archery, and floor hockey.
- Must have previous team coaching or equivalent experience.
- Must be experienced in camp programming and supervision, organized, dependable, and flexible.
- 21+ years old preferred
- Other duties as assigned by CSL Director and Assistant Directors
Dates: Must be available for the entirety of the dates listed below.
- Senior Staff Training begins June 17th, 2021
- General Staff Orientation begins June 20th, 2021
- Camp season ends August 18th, 2021
- Other mandatory training dates TBD
- Approximately (7) paid days off during the Camp season
- Full time hours including days, nights and weekend
- Competitive pay plus Room and Board.
- Complimentary JCC membership included.
Come join the team at Camp Seneca Lake, the residential summer camp of the JCC of Greater Rochester!