Location and Job Title:
800 Foster City Blvd
Foster City, CA 94404
Summary: Lifeguards are responsible for ensuring the safety of the swimming pool environment and must closely monitor and rescue swimmers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilties include the following:
- Explain and enforce facility regulations, policies, and procedures to patrons
- Rescue swimmers in need of assistance
- Demonstrate proper rescue techniques, including but not limited to, swimming rescues, First Aid, and CPR
- Administer emergency care to patrons in need of assistance
- Monitor activities of patrons in the water and on deck and minimized the possibility of patron injury
- Conduct routine chemical test of the water on an hourly basis
- Keep accurate records of incident reports, maintenance, and chemical testing
- Perform routine maintenance of pool and pool equipment
- Keep all certification current
- Effectively supervise the swimming area from an elevated Lifeguard chair
- Attend all in-service trainings
- Be knowledgeable about all programs and activities offered
- Promote club services and activities
- Assist with keeping the club well stocked and clean
- Inventory of food items as well as locker and laundry service
- Maintain safety book/emergency log, massage log, and lost and found ledger
Certifications, Licenses, etc.:
Lifeguards must maintain the following:
- American Red Cross Lifeguard Training (or equivalent training).
- American Red Cross CPR for the Professional Rescuer (or equivalent training).
- American Red Cross First Aid for Public Safety Personnel (or equivalent training).
All lifeguards are required to perform the following performance test prior to employment and may be tested at any time throughout their employment.
Performance test are as follows:
- Swim 300 yards continuous
- Tread water for two minutes using legs only
- Demonstrate the proper use of rescue equipment
- Surface Dive to the deepest part of the pool and retrieve a 10-pound brick
- Perform aquatic rescue & CPR/AED skills
Welcoming with joy people of all ages, faiths, and backgrounds, our innovative Center provides programs and services designed to meet the needs of everyone from infants to seniors.
Come work out in our 50,000 square foot Byer Athletic Center; take a class at our Koret Learning Center; create a lifetime of memories for your children at our award-winning preschool or at Camp Keff.
At the PJCC we believe in a 'Wellness Your Way' approach to overall wellness. Wellness Your Way is an integrated approach to help youth and adults of all ages experience greater well-being by helping you identify your own, unique wellness formula and create a plan to put that formula to work in your life.
Your personal wellness formula serves your whole life, and it is unique to you. Your formula includes Nourish, Move and Engage activities that are the building blocks of a life well-lived.