Location and Job Title:
Manager of Foundation and Corporate Relations
Bonnie & Donald Dwares JCC of the Jewish Alliance of Greater Rhode Island
401 Elmgrove Ave
Providence, RI 02906
Status: Full Time, non-exempt
Reports to: Chief Development Officer
Salary: $50,000 - $55,000
To apply: Please send cover letter, resume, and a brief writing sample to Gail Putnam at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Jewish Alliance of Greater Rhode Island seeks a dynamic and motivated individual to serve as the Alliance's Manager of Foundation and Corporate Relations. The position, which is part of our Development Team, supports the Alliance's efforts to strengthen sponsorship, community, and foundation relations that elevate the work of the Alliance and its community.
The Manager of Foundation and Corporate Relations will also support the larger development efforts of the Alliance, including community giving efforts, securing of foundation grants, distribution of community campaign funds, and a variety of team-based projects that elevate the development work of the Alliance.
- Identify, cultivate, and steward corporate and foundation prospects that support the expansion of Alliance work.
- Build and manage ongoing relationships with community business owners and corporate officers that lead to sponsorship options and grant support for elements of the Alliance's work.
- Develop sponsorship and partnership support for Alliance events and programs, matching opportunities with corporate and business areas of interest.
- Research, secure, and inventory available grants that support the work of the Alliance.
- Support the development of programmatic activities that advance the organization's strategic plan and appeal to corporations and foundations.
- Manage and grow a portfolio of new and current individual donors, tracking donor activity.
- Working closely with team members, create and implement engagement plans and donor strategies.
Jewish Community Partnerships
- Manage essential committees and agency grant cycles, serving as lead on annual allocations processes, tracking community needs and trends through a Jewish lens while evaluating impact and return on investment.
- Maintain awareness of stakeholder needs and organize professional development trainings for community partners.
- Facilitate partnerships and collaborations with other Jewish entities throughout Rhode Island, aimed at advancing the Alliance's vision and mission.
- Collaborate with other departments within the organization to support the development work of the Alliance, including community programs, events, and fundraisers.
- Support the work of the larger Development team, including direct fundraising tactics and additional support as needed.
- Represent the Jewish Alliance at networking, professional, and other community events.
- Serve on cross-functional project teams as necessary throughout the organization.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Two to three years of work experience in the areas of sponsorship and corporate relations, grant writing, and community planning and strategy.
- Self-motivated with authentic interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills, both oral and written.
- Flexible, creative, and willingness to try a range of options regularly.
- Demonstrated ability to secure significant funding, build relationships, and collaborate effectively with a range of stakeholders, including clergy, volunteers, and staff across the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple and simultaneous complex projects effectively and to conclusion.
- Ability to work with Microsoft Office suite and other database systems for reporting and tracking purposes.
- Knowledge of the Jewish community of Rhode Island and the Jewish Alliance recommended, but not required.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as needed and travel within the greater Rhode Island area.
$45,000 - $55,000
About the Jewish Alliance of Greater Rhode Island:
The Jewish Alliance of Greater Rhode Island (the Alliance) serves to enrich the quality of life for Jews in Rhode Island, in Israel, and around the world.Today's Alliance is where the community comes together as one to develop responses to critical issues facing Rhode Island.We do this through philanthropy, education and wellness opportunities, community relations, and by convening agencies, synagogues, and organizations to address issues of common concern.Together, we translate Jewish tradition and values into action.All of our work is guided by our core values:
Tzedakah: upholding the Jewish traditions of righteous giving and justice.
L'dor v'dor: securing a future filled with Jewish tradition and heritage.
Tikkun Olam: repairing the world.
Hineni: standing with others so no one stands alone.
Klal Yisrael: supporting worldwide Judaism and the State of Israel.
Torah: pursuing knowledge and lifelong learning.