Location and Job Title:
IT Support Specialist
Commonpoint Queens - Samuel Field Y
58-20 Little Neck Parkway
Little Neck, NY 11362
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsibilities Include: Level 1 and 2 Helpdesk Support.
- Troubleshoot, repair, and configure Laptops, Desktops, and core computer network components
- Provide technical assistance and support for incoming queries and issues related to computer systems, software, and hardware
- Respond to incoming technical support tickets from our clients using FreshService
- Work with the team to ensure tickets assigned are responded to in a timely manner.
- Troubleshoot, resolve, and escalate tickets.
- Document troubleshooting steps and help come up with improvement processes.
Qualifications: Experience with help desk support / Experience with client/server setup and troubleshooting / Experience troubleshooting and maintaining a LAN to include wireless / Strong knowledge of installation, configuration, and administration of Windows desktops and servers in a network environment required. Knowledge of MS Office applications / Google Workspace Apps/ Applicants should possess strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Education Requirements: BA or equivalent work experience. IT degree a plus. A+ / Network + / Google IT Support Professional Certification a plus.
- Work Experience: 3 years min. progressive experience in the IT field / Strong knowledge of various computer applications / Strong communication and problem solving skills / Able to work with varied cultures, abilities and styles in a team environment / Self-motivated and excellent follow-up techniques.
- Job Requirements: Requires traveling (75%) to troubleshoot and provide support at multiple offices and field locations. throughout Queens.
- Physical Requirements: Ability to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; ability to lift at least 25 pounds
- Must be willing to travel between multiple agency sites and within the NY Metro area. Occasional weekend and evening hours will be necessary.
- Other Duties as Assigned
35,000 - 45,000
Commonpoint Queens is a non-profit, multi service agency with a flagship site in Forest Hills and 33 additional sites throughout the community that provides a diverse array of programs and services to over 35,000. Our mission is to sustain and enhance the quality of family and individual life for all members of our community, regardless of religion, ethnic or cultural background, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual preference, age, or disability, within a pervasive and inclusive environment that facilitates individual growth, meets individual needs and builds community. We accomplish this mission through a broad range of social, educational, and recreational services that reach community members of all ages and backgrounds.