You are here: Home
| Search for a Job
Location and Job Title:
Personal Trainer/Fitness Floor Staff - Part Time
Bernard and Ruth Siegel Jewish Community Center
101 Garden of Eden Rd.
Wilmington, DE 19803
Personal Trainers in the fitness department provide high quality personal training to our members. The trainers also make up the staff that support the members during all hours of operation as fitness center floor staff.
- Conducting fitness consultations and assessments as assigned (welcome workouts)
- Develop unique and individualized programs that ensure client safety, satisfaction, and enhancement of personal fitness goals
- Monitor assist, and instruct clients using specifically designed programs
- Ensuring safe and effective use of all equipment
- Routinely and properly clean all fitness center equipment
- Develop and maintain a consistent client base
- Provide exceptional customer service to members throughout the JCC
- Assisting with emergency and crisis situations as needed
- Maintain surveillance of JCC members and guests in the fitness center and other workout areas
- Identify unsafe situations and act immediately and appropriately
- Present professional appearance and attitude at all times
- Maintain a high standard of customer service
- Enforce fitness center rules at all times and be able to explain the reasoning behind them
- Inspect fitness center equipment and supplies and report any issues
- Assist in keeping the fitness center areas clean and orderly at all times
- Be familiar with other JCC programs in order to assist members with inquiries when appropriate
- Participate in regular in-service training sessions
- Complete all additional duties as assigned by supervisor that would be required to maintain effective operations of the center
- High school diploma or equivalent and must be 18 years or older to apply.
- NCCA accredited certification
- Must have a nationally recognized Personal Training certification and/or fitness related college degree.
- CPR/AED certification required.
- Must have previous training and program design experience.
- Must be able to articulate a strong understanding of anatomy and body mechanics.
- Enthusiastic, energetic, and pleasant personality with a desire to succeed.
- Must be willing to attend training and development classes.
- Must be reliable and have work schedule flexibility.
- Must be able to maintain a positive and courteous attitude at all times.
- Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively.
- Must become familiar with job procedures and policies before scheduled start date.
- Demonstrated ability to handle emergency situations.
- Must be alert, friendly, and able to maintain order in the fitness center.
- Must be able to take initiative to solve problems and willing to seek assistance in solving problems.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with members and other staff.
- Must be available to work opening shift (5:30-10:00am) and some weekends.
The J is a non-profit membership organization where people come together as a community to learn, share and celebrate. We inspire and connect people of all ages, faiths and backgrounds through social, educational, cultural, fitness and recreational opportunities in a warm and welcoming environment. The J represents a feeling of home for kids, families, teens, singles and everyone in between.
The J houses preschool, child care and camp programs, as well as a state-of-the-art fitness center, indoor pool, gymnasium and racquetball courts. Our thirty-two acre family campus offers a wide array of outdoor recreational services. The J is also home to Jewish holiday celebrations and cultural arts programming.