Desk Staff Manager -Full time position: 40 hours+, Salaried. Entry-level management position eligible for full benefits. This position reports directly to the Member Engagement Director.
Hours: 40 Hours+ weekly. This position is expected to work 32 hours at the Front Desk in a member facing role. Remaining 8 hours weekly should be delegated to administrative tasks. This position is required to work over 40 hours/week when necessary to fulfill job requirements and responsibilities. May require some early morning, evening and weekend
Salary: $35,600.00 annually. Benefits include Medical & Dental Insurance, HRA reimbursement, Life Insurance, Employee-Paid Retirement Plans (403B), JCC Family Membership and Discounts on ALL JCC programming including Preschool. Full-time employees receive paid holidays as well as vacation, PTO, and sick days as accrued.
Desk Staff Manager Duties:
*Manage all desk staff including: hiring/firing, onboarding, training, scheduling, and running monthly staff meetings.
*Responsible to maintain functionality of the Desk Staff department by covering all open shifts.
* Maintain a clean, orderly, and organized work environment at both the Front and Fitness Desk.
* Be the primary point of contact for customer service in the building, and work with the Member Engagement Director to promote building offerings.
* Work closely with the Membership Director & Member Engagement Director to begin, develop, and maintain relationships with all members.
* Maintain a thorough knowledge about all the goings-on in the building including: Membership information, program offerings, schedules, staff roles, registrations, and building/program policies.
* Be an active and engaged member of the JCC Management team; attend weekly meetings and actively participate.
* Aid Member Engagement Director with maintaining Member Database (Daxko).
* Answer phones and direct calls.
* Check-in visitors appropriately while keeping the building secure.
*Have an active role in all matters of Security involving the building and Desk Staff.
*Process sales transactions and update member billing information.
*Aid in collection efforts as directed by administrative team.
*Other duties and projects as assigned by the Member Engagement Director.
Candidates should possess the following qualities:
We are a vibrant community center full of people of all ages, faiths, and family configurations, coming together in peace to strengthen their minds, bodies and spirits.
Fitness and Recreational Facilities