Location and Job Title:
Director, My Tribe
JCC of Greater Baltimore
3506 Gwynnbrook Ave
Owings Mills, MD 21117
The JCC seeks a Director to vision, lead and implement its My Tribe platform, an innovative movement involving families in the nexus of Jewish tradition, joyful Jewish expression and the wants of all facets and members of the new Jewish family.
The JCC of Greater Baltimore believes in the centrality of Jewish expression in a young family's life and strives to build a playground of options for experimentation, learning and living for Jewish families. Working with a team of creative department directors, the successful candidate possesses a bold, fun, entrepreneurial spirit with deep appreciation, understanding and personal experience in Jewish life.Celebration, understanding and respect for all types of Jewish practice, belief, modalities and community are integral both to the JCC and to this position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Vision, build upon, and engage new audiences in the JCC signature outreach and engagement initiative My Tribe" (see attached for full program description).
- Build 3-5 My Tribe cohorts in targeted geographic areas in Baltimore.
- Create/evaluate existing program materials and aspects of My Tribe curriculum.
- Provide Jewish educational leadership for all My Tribe cohorts.
- Working with Chief Program Officer, manage all grant related reporting and relationship management for My Tribe program.
- Represent My Tribe, the JCC and other outreach and engagement efforts to the broader Jewish community.
- Supervising a Family Engagement Specialist and working cooperatively with the Outreach and Engagement Department, create, direct and implement 3 - 5 large scale Jewish holiday and/or Shabbat celebrations for the community including the JCC's annual Sukkah City event.
- Supervise staff team to build recruitment plans, manage budgets, oversee marketing and on-site implementation of all WOW events.
- In cooperation with other J Camps senior staff, develop Shabbat engagement experiences for families with young children as well as be a presence for JCampers and staff.
- Working cooperatively with the Early Learning Centers and Outreach and Engagement Team, provide educational support, presence and programmatic creativity surrounding Shabbat and Jewish holidays for 2 pre-schools and off-site weekly and Shabbat programming when appropriate.
- Play an active role on the JCC Coalition and Senior Director Team.
- Other duties as assigned.
The work environment is usually fast paced.This job requires high energy and interaction with staff as well as with members, other agency staff, community leaders, and outside partners, vendors, others.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use a computer, talk, hear, reach with hands and arms, walk, stoop, kneel or crouch.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive, and incumbent will also perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned by supervisor or other management as required.The JCC reserves the right to revise or change job duties as the needs arise.This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
The JCC offers a full-benefits package including health, disability, retirement match, and family discounts for all JCC programs.A relocation allowance is available for this position.
- Appreciation for the wide continuously evolving range of Jewish cultural and religious practice in communities
- Expertise and experience working within the "New Jewish Family" construct
- Understanding and dedication to the importance of outreach and engagement and the role both play in the future of the Jewish community
- Entrepreneurial spirit and willingness to take risks and explore new programmatic methodologies
- Appreciation for and love of working with extended families with young children
- Comfort, appreciation and joy regarding teaching Jewish content in creative ways to families and children
- Can-do attitude, sense of humor and wonder
- Understanding and appreciation of the role grandparents play in a young child's life
- Excellent organizational skills, management skills and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to establish, lead and work within diverse teams
- Track record of progressive, creative program creation and implementation
- Ability to manage multiple projects and portfolios at the same time
- Experience working with lay leaders
- Summer camp or other Jewish immersive educational experience preferred
- Advanced Degree in Jewish education, Rabbinic leadership, communal leadership or related field and a minimum of 3 years as an initiative creator, program developer/implementor and administrator
JCC membership is like becoming a part of a family, everyone truly is welcome! Drop by and take a tour; you won't believe how many wonderful recreational, educational, social and cultural activities you will find here. There really is something for everyone! Members enjoy a wide variety of benefits including free group fitness classes and use of our Fitness Center, Aquatics Center, Parenting Center, Teen Center and Performing Arts Center. Special member rates save you money on many classes and events as well.