Location and Job Title:
JCC of San Francisco
3200 California St
San Francisco, CA 94118
Responsible for all security staff posts, crisis response support, emergency evacuation, security monitoring, crowd management, and observation.
Full-time and part-time positions currently open. Shifts may include daytime, evening, and weekend hours.
Full-time positions include generous benefits package.
- Perform security screenings at lobby and garage posts
- Perform security patrols
- Monitor security systems
- Serve as special event security for crowd control, screening and observation
- Perform opening and closing building and grounds security inspections
- Approach and question as necessary disruptive or threatening individuals, and take necessary action to ensure a safe and secure environment.
- Comply with all safety and security policies and procedures
- Provide support in the event of crisis, disaster, and emergency evacuations
- Perform risk assessments and provide data to Director of Security
- Participate in ongoing training related to security and safety procedures
- Possess the skills and abilities to provide basic first aid and CPR/AED as needed
- Demonstrate excellent customer service at all times.
- Perform other security related duties as directed or assigned by the Security Operations Manager
- Must provide current Guard Card
- Ability to walk throughout the facility, including stairways, for up to 3 hours at a time.
- Ability to stand at security post for up to three hours
- Ability to move quickly in response to emergencies
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds
- Capable of working outdoors in a variety of weather conditions
- Knowledge of security practices
- Excellent observation skills
- Ability to make good decisions under pressure
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Positive attitude and a good team player
- Excellent customer service skills
- Flexible schedule including weekends, early mornings, and late evenings
The JCCSF is the longest-serving Jewish community center on the West Coast, providing educational, social, cultural and recreational programs to the entire Bay Area since 1877. Open to people of all ages, all faiths and all backgrounds, the JCCSF provides quality experiences through a mix of formal and informal activities. The JCCSF is located at 3200 California Street (at Presidio) and welcomes more than 4,500 visitors through its doors daily.