Location and Job Title:
JCC of Stamford
1035 Newfield Ave
Stamford, CT 06905
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To enjoy the shared interaction while supporting the needs of each child you work with at Jumpstart.
- To help prepare the classroom and materials utilized in each session and consider the children in that group.
- To clean and tidying the classroom during and after each session ensuring that materials and apparatus are appropriately stored and returned to their correct location.
- To be responsible and accountable for finding out the schedule for a session and activities to be completed during that period. Ensuring that you understand the purpose of an activity and how to correctly set it up discussing with the team individual modifications needed to meet the needs for that child's pleasure and success.
- To help to maintain a professional fun, welcoming environment for both children and any other adults who may be working in or visiting the Jumpstart classroom.
- Assist with quarterly events such as the Fall Festival, Mother's Tea, excursions in the community, Field day, Supper and Song.
- Participate in training workshops.
- Interacting well with children and adults
- Creating a fun, clean engaging environment
- Good Verbal communication skills
- Able to collaborate with team in a professional manner
- Good organizational skills
- Minimum 1 years' experience working/volunteering with young children
- Minimum 1 years' experience working/volunteering with young children with special needs
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- First Aid and Epi pen certification
The Stamford Jewish Community Center is a cultural, educational and recreational center, offering exceptional programs, classes and special events designed to enrich the mind, body and spirit. While we are driven by the Jewish values of welcoming guests, kindness, respect, and communal responsibility, we warmly welcome people of all ages, faiths, ethnicities and backgrounds.