ALL DAY at the J is an all-day program located on-site at JCC Rockland in West Nyack and is designed to provide childcare, academic support and enrichment during the current shift of in-person schooling to the virtual learning format by many schools. The exact schedule will be designed to supplement the "in person" school schedules. The program will have approximately 12 children in each group with two staff. Groups will stay the same in order to limit the exposure during the COVID-19 pandemic.
The ideal staff person will need to be able to assist with daily virtual learning assignments covering all elementary age subjects, manage student's virtual school schedules, keep children on task and engaged, provide educational assistance and facilitate a variety of activities which may include but not be limited to arts and crafts, gym sports, cooking, and other playful child activities.
This position requires energy, attention to detail, creativity, professionalism and eagerness to work with others towards the common goal of creating an outstanding program. The safety of the children is the number one priority.
The pay for this position is commensurate with experience.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Meet physical, social and emotional needs of the children assigned to your group
- Lead virtual learning and enrichment activities required by the schools
- Must be flexible and able to adapt to different activity changes with short notice
- Responsible for check in/out procedure of children
- Keep track of where every child in the group is at all times
- Adhere to all JCC Rockland policies and procedures
- Able to help multiple children with their assignments while keeping the room quiet and organized
- Prior experience working with children ages 5 - 10
- Certified in CPR/First Aid; preferred
- Must be reliable, report to work on-time, and meet established deadlines
- Loves working with children and responding to their emergent needs and inquiries
- Must be flexible- able to work in a team and communicate effectively with colleagues
- Proficiency in all elementary school subjects
- Must be able to pass a background check / NY licensing requirements