Location and Job Title:
All Day at the J Sports Coach
Lawrence Family JCC of San Diego County- Jacobs Family Campus
4126 Executive Drive
La Jolla, CA 92037
PAY RATE/STATUS: DOE / Full-time, Non-Exempt, Temporary
The primary goal of the Sports Coach is to develop motor skills and physical development among younger children and proper exercise among older children. The Sports Coach is responsible to organize, develop and implement activities and sports that promote physical activity among children and young adults (K-8th).
MORE DETAILS: Full-time/Temporary positions are eligible for a wide variety of benefits that include:
- Health Insurance
- Paid Sick Leave
- FREE JCC Membership and discounts
- and MORE!
- 18+ years of age and have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Previous experience working with children is required.
- Knowledge of sports and fitness.
- Youth teaching/coaching preferred, not required.
- Passion for youth development.
- Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to communicate with parents, children, and co-workers.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- First Aid & CPR certified.
- Ability to participate in all physical activities with participants (such as running, swimming, playing sports, leading games and crafts).
- Frequently is required to stand, walk, sit, and reach with hands and arms for long periods of time.
- Occasional lifting, pulling, climbing, kneeling, crawling and bending.
- Regularly required to communicate.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance, peripheral, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to lift, push, or pull up to 30 lbs. (reconfiguring furniture, moving equipment/supplies, etc.)
- Ability to perform CPR/AED.
The mission of the Lawrence Family Jewish Community Center, JACOBS FAMILY CAMPUS is to provide social, cultural, educational, and recreational programs to individuals and families of all ages, religions, races, financial abilities, and physical and mental abilities. Likewise, the JCC provides equal opportunity employment to individuals of all religions and backgrounds. The JCC welcomes San Diego's diverse Jewish community and the community at large.