Location and Job Title:
Bender JCC of Greater Washington
6125 Montrose Rd
Rockville, MD 20852
Why this role matters:
Our facilities staff is essential to the Bender JCC, working behind the scenes to ensure that the center operates smoothly. Facilities staff provide maintenance support to the Bender JCC and ensure that programs and events are delivered in a well-maintained, attractive, safe, and secure environment.
- Complete facilities set-ups as required and in accordance to the JCC room calendar and/or event room set up form
- Maintain and inventory all JCC audio visual equipment and furniture as required
- Acknowledge and report to supervisor requests both written and verbal from staff, members, and guests
- Perform facility repairs as directed
- Maintain current knowledge of Bender JCC programs
- Report to the supervisor at the start of each shift for a progress/status meeting
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as needed, required, or assigned
- Evening, weekend, and holiday work may be required
To apply for this position, please visit: https://www.benderjccgw.org/about-us/jobs/
- Supportive. You want the best for those around you and are excited about their accomplishments. You work to create a supportive environment to help colleagues and members thrive.
- Reliable. You arrive on time for scheduled shifts and show consistency in your work.
- You believe that diversity is a strength. You account for the value of diversity in every aspect of your work and you understand the nuances of diversity that shape the experiences of members and guests.
- Open to feedback. You have a desire and willingness to learn and grow, using feedback as an opportunity for professional development.
- Communicative. You engage in and understand the importance of effective communication.
- Flexible. Youre comfortable with change in your work environment and schedule.
You should have:
- Knowledge and skills in various areas of facility maintenance including but not limited to electrical work, plumbing, painting and general maintenance.
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs on a regular basis
- Ability to access difficult areas of the building such as the roof, enclosed areas, small spaces etc.
- Ability to work at heights 35 feet and above
- Ability to work in a team environment
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 2+ years facility or maintenance work preferred
- Required COVID-19 vaccination
$35,000 - $45,000
The Bender JCC of Greater Washington is one of the largest metropolitan JCCs in the country. Our mission is create a welcoming and inclusive environment, connecting the people of our Jewish community with each other, Israel, and the broader community. We inspire individuals of all ages and backgrounds to enhance their social, physical, intellectual and spiritual well-being through programs of excellence rooted in Jewish values.
The Bender JCC is a neighborhood a place to feel comfortable, make new friends and meet up with old friends. It is your place to schmooze, work out, learn a new skill, discuss a book, listen to a concert, see a film and much more.