Location and Job Title:
Member Services Director
I.J. & Jeanne Wagner Jewish Community Center
2 North Medical Drive
Salt Lake City, UT 84113
The Member Services Director will set direction and vision for all 'front of house' operations. This includes Membership and Desk Staff department
- Responsibilities include development of action plans, on-going training programs, modeling, and communication of vision with staff and participants. This position will manage all Front of House staff, including direct supervision of the Membership Director and Member Engagement Manager.
- This position will be responsible for developing and enhancing the overall member experience at the J. This is a highly visible position requiring relationship building and regular availability to members and staff, attendance at all relevant meetings and JCC functions. It includes supervision of Membership related to sales, new member customer service and integration (on-boarding), member retention, and promotion of the JCC as a whole. Working with Director level staff in all departments, the Member Services Director will endeavor to increase membership numbers as well as user engagement at the JCC.
- This position is responsible for working in conjunction with the Membership Director and Member Engagement Manager in the preparation and management of the departmental budget so as to meet or exceed departmental financial goals.
- Oversight of all full and part-time staff including, hiring, supervision, training, evaluation and ongoing professional development.
- Directly supervise and evaluate Membership Director and Member Engagement Manager; lead Monthly staff meetings.
- Manage all aspects of departmental budgets including preparation, management, evaluation, and reporting.
- Administration of payroll for all Desk Staff and Membership employees.
- Become fully versed with membership database software (Daxko Operations) and access control software (System Galaxy). Will be the in-house expert on membership database systems and will establish and train new employees on systems as required.
- Perform Collections of outstanding balances at the direction of the CFO.
- Work with the all other J Directors to ensure all new members are aware of the scope of programming options at the J; use this information to assist in the retention of current members, provide excellent customer service and work to enhance user engagement.
- Collaborate with other organizations to benefit our members, the agency and the community.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops in membership and customer service; benchmarking professional standards; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks.
Perform other related duties as needed including attending meetings as required or assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in related field (related work experience may be substituted for education) and 3 years management experience
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, supervisory and management skills including coaching, team building, communicating processes, disciplining, motivating, promoting process improvement and reporting.
- Excellent computer skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office word processing, spreadsheets and database.
- Experience working with Daxko Operations preferred, though not required.
- Experience working in Customer Service.
- Some familiarity with basic accounting preferred, though not required.
- The position requires the ability to communicate effectively with others, both verbally and in writing, the ability to work evenings, weekends and holidays as required and the ability to perform other related duties as needed, required or assigned.Finally, this position requires patience, organization and a sense of humor.
$55,000 - $65,000
We are a vibrant community center full of people of all ages, faiths and family configurations, coming together in peace to strengthen their minds, bodies and spirits.
Enriching the life of the Jewish community and the community at large by offering educational, cultural and recreational opportunities in a place where people of all backgrounds, cultures and beliefs gather in peace and understanding.