Location and Job Title:
Group X Coordinator (Part Time)
3960 Montclair Rd
Birmingham, AL 35213
General Position Summary
The Levite Jewish Community Center (LJCC) seeks a dynamic, part time Group Exercise Coordinator who thrives on offering outstanding programs and services to our members and their guests. The Group Fitness Coordinator is responsible for carrying our the LJCC's commitment to provide services in the best fitness environment possible with the friendliest staff, most educated members, cleanest facility, and most business practices. This position is the leader for all group exercise activities including but not limited to class schedules, instructor schedules and training. The GEC will promote diversity and acceptance and create a warm welcoming environment for members while ensuring they receive the highest quality of service. He or she will exhibit an ability to achieve the targes for the LJCC as outline in the operational plan by motivating, leading, supervising and coordinating the activities of team members engaged in servicing our member needs.
- Manage day-to-day operations and staffing of group fitness instructors. Serves as the main contact for all group exercise programming.
- Maintain optimal staff coverage within budget.
- Provide effective supervisory-level response to members complaints and issues with undisputed levels of superior customer service
- Ensure equipment and class spaces are maintained to safety standards. Maintain and monitor room cleanliness.
- Recruits, interviews, and hires talented staff and develops the instructor group exercise team. Must have connections the group fitness community to recruit instructors.
- Distribute, supply and maintain group exercise schedule.
- Communicates programming to all instructors. The ability and knowledge to guide an instructor through the certification process, class and launch promotion. (Social media, flyers and interactive with members)
- Ensure all classes are covered and facilitate sub procedures.
- Illustrate an ability to make decisions.
- Teaches actively on the group exercise schedule.
- Evaluates class participation in all formats and reports data to membership director. Conduct yearly evaluations for instructors.
- Facilitate the implementation of new programming.
- Actively promote LJCC fitness service to members and the general community.
- Group fitness (Les Mills) certifications required. Personal training certification preferred.
- Collaborate with the Executive Director, membership Director and Fitness Program Manager in developing and planning fitness programs and promote fitness services to members.
- Provide administrative functions including, but not limited to: timecard record keeping for a staff of 20 plus, tracking and analyzing data using spreadsheets, preparing purchase orders and ordering equipment and supplies.
- Prior supervisory experience.
- Two years' experience in a group exercise setting.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to work successfully in highly flexible and rapid changing work environment as well as work some nights, weekends and holidays. Must work specifically designated hours in the LJCC that does not include teaching classes. Must attend, participate and coordinate launches.
- Have working knowledge of all group exercise equipment.
- Proficient computer skills to include MS Office Suite and other business software applications.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in health education, health science, recreation or related field preferred.
- Group exercise certifications required from a national recognized organization. Les Mills preferred.
- First and CPR certification.
Skills and Abilities:
- Professional and friendly attitude is essential
- Commitment to always providing customer service to members, guests and co-workers
- Must be reliable and dependable in regards to attendance
- Must respect and maintain confidentiality of members and information
- Must be able to work additional shifts on an as needed basis
LJCC Identity Statement
Through the lens of Jewish identity and values, the Levite Jewish Community Center provides a welcoming, family-oriented gathering place for a diverse membership to engage in a meaningful experience of the mind, body and soul.
LJCC Vision Statement
The Levite Jewish Community Center will be recognized as a model for member-centered, high quality Jewish programming, education and recreation. We will be known for superior facilities and visionary leadership through financial sustainability and community outreach.
LJCC Core Values
- We cultivate memorable life experiences and meaningful relationships
- We pursue collaboration within the Jewish and broader communities
- We empower individuals to learn and understand Jewish values
- We provide a welcoming and open environment
- We embrace and celebrate diversity
- We encourage wellness of the mind, body and soul
- We connect our community to the people of the State of Israel