Location and Job Title:
Group Ex Coordinator
1375 St Paul Ave
St Paul, MN 55116
We're seeking a Group Exercise Coordinator to lead at our fitness center. As our new Group Exercise Coordinator you will:
- Design, deliver and manage cutting edge group fitness programs that excite and encourage members to participate.
- Recruit and hire creative, enthusiastic and educated instructors to lead a variety of classes.
- Conduct performance evaluations/class audits of instructors on a regular basis
- Support and facilitate continuing education by making staff aware of upcoming local events and encouraging groups of staff to participate in these events, as well as promoting certifications and specialty certifications to help grow and develop instructor versatility.
- Represent EXOS at group fitness conferences and tradeshows for networking and recruiting purposes, as well as to stay on top of "what's hot" in the industry.
- Offer specialty training programs to staff, such as "choreography forums" to help promote team building and skill sharing at local site and among all area sites.
- Mentor staff and members who are interested in learning how to teach group exercise and preparing them for the certification experience
- Secure master classes with leading instructors, as well as promote other Specialty Class (fee-for-service) group exercise programs to help drive revenue.
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us!
We are an equal opportunity employer
EXOS is proud to be an affirmative action / equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, creed, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected under local, state, or federal laws. EXOS provides reasonable accommodation to employees and applicants for employment who have disabilities. You may request reasonable accommodation, in writing, by reaching out to our People Operations department at:
Attention: People Operations, Accommodations
2629 E. Rose Garden Ln.
Phoenix, AZ 85050
- Current nationally recognized group exercise certification (AFAA, ACE, IFTA, NETA); specialty certifications where appropriate (e.g. Spinning, pilates, yoga)
- Current CPR/AED and First Aid certification
- At least three years successful experience leading group fitness classes
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge of modifying exercise programs for high risk clientele, as well as a solid understanding of safe vs contraindicated exercises
- Prior group exercise program management experience a plus
- Outgoing personality and excellent communication skills are essential
- Superior customer service skills
- Proficient with computer skills, especially Excel & PowerPoint.
EXOS is a leader in the field of human performance, a category it created more than 20 years ago. Today, EXOS employs more than 4,500 people in over 600 locations worldwide. With award-winning facilities, sports medicine clinics, technology, and services, EXOS connects people to the solutions they need and provides comprehensive game plans, regardless of skill and sport, based on time-tested fundamentals and research in order to help people take control of their health and performance. At EXOS, we have a passion for performance through continuous self improvement. This persona is inspired by helping others in all of our EXOS Communities improve their personal performance. Our dedication to promoting diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion is more than a commitment at EXOS - it's the foundation of every great performance team. We are fully focused on equality and believe deeply in diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin and all the other fascinating characteristics that make us different. EXOS is trusted by hundreds of clients including leaders in business, health care, community organizations, and world champions in sports.
If you are passionate about fitness, join the EXOS team! Fun is a huge part of our culture. We enjoy the camaraderie of others; we laugh and savor the journey.
As an EXOS Group Exercise Coordinator, you'll join our nationwide network of enthusiastic professionals who collaborate with the top minds in the industry on a daily basis. Our community takes advantage of some of the most current internet tools, including personal web pages, instant messaging and Google + to share their excitement about fitness and wellness. We make a difference in people's lives. If you are one of the best, we want you to help us do it!
We partner with some of the most innovative employers and community organizations to achieve our mission of helping people live healthier, happier lives. Through our partnerships, we are changing the face of fitness, health and wellness at more than 250 locations throughout the United States and Canada.