Location and Job Title:
2000 Hollywood Dr
York, PA 17403
Full-Time: 40 Hours/Week at Main Branch - 2000 Hollywood Drive
Part-Time: 20-25 Hours/Week at Main Branch - 2000 Hollywood Drive
The principle duties of the Assistant Teacher include collaborating with the Head Teacher to develop weekly curricular plans; cooperating with home base team to implement and evaluate classroom activities; overseeing the physical well-being of the children; maintenance of the classroom, classroom materials and equipment; and contributing to the overall operation of the Early Childhood Program.
- Collaborate with the Head Teacher to provide a nurturing environment in which all children feel welcomed and secure.
- Meet NAEYC and Keystone STARS* standards.
- Adhere to the standards outlined in the JCC Early Childhood Program Handbook for:
- Following DHS regulations
- Communicating with families
- Care of facility and equipment
- Record keeping
- Health and safety procedures
- Attend regular meetings for your teaching team, the Early Childhood Program, and the JCC.
- Other duties as needed or assigned.
- High school diploma, plus 15 credits in Early Childhood Education, Elementary Education, Human Resources, or an equivalent field and one year experience working with children; or
- High school equivalent plus 30 credits in the above fields; or
- High School equivalent plus two years of experience working with young children.
- Must be able to lift at least 30 pounds
- Must be able to meet the physical demands of child caregiving
25,000 - 35,000
Who We Are
The JCC is a non-profit community center that welcomes the diverse population of York County, regardless of religion, financial or ethnic background. Since 1910 the JCC's role has changed and expanded to reflect the current times. Our staff is committed to providing members and guests with high quality programs and customer service. Included in a membership is the use of the fitness center, over 100 group and water fitness classes each week, lap and family swims, open gym use, family art and gym activities, a relaxation center complete with whirlpool, sauna and steam room, and discounts on fitness, social, and enrichment classes and programs.
The JCC provides programming for:
- Wellness & Fitness for all ages
- Youth Fitness, Dance & Sports
- Children's Education and Child Care
- Holocaust Education
- Diversity Education
- Jewish Cultural Programs
- Contemporary Adult Programming