Location and Job Title:
Assistant Preschool Director of Curriculum
Mandel JCC of the Palm Beaches
5221 Hood Road
Palm Beach Gardens, FL 33418
Based on a forward-thinking and constantly evolving - yet deep-rooted educational philosophy - the Edward & Thelma Glantz Early Childhood Learning Center of the Mandel JCC of the Palm Beaches focuses on welcoming children and their families into a quality educational experience based on Jewish values.
Housed at the Mandel JCC in Boynton Beach, its spaces and environments are designed to provoke wonder, curiosity, intellectual engagement and creativity with endless possibilities. Children are given essential opportunities at a young age to develop life skills, such as focus and self-control, communication and critical thinking.
Children are seen as competent, curious, capable, natural learners who are full of potential. Teachers and children have ongoing interaction in a space where the curriculum combines the children's ideas, wonders and interests with the faculty's knowledge of child development.
The Mandel JCC of the Palm Beaches is seeking an experienced Early Childhood Operations Coordinator for our Boynton Beach preschool location.
The Operations Coordinator is an integral part of the administrative team and is responsible for planning and implementing all ECLC programs, events, and fundraising activities. The Operations Coordinator also oversees day to day procedures concerning supplies, food, IT, maintenance, and all other tasks that help the preschool run efficiently.
Work is supervised by the Early Childhood Director. Work schedule is generally 40 hours during each workweek Monday - Friday with occasional evening or weekend work as directed by work schedule, programs and deadlines. Travel between JCC locations may be required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Promote a nurturing and engaging atmosphere for children, families and staff that reflects respect, compassion for young children.
- Maintain a positive and professional relationship with families and children enrolled in ECLC, youth and camp programs, staff, officers, board members, donors, and professional staff from other agencies.
- Effectively communicate the mission, vision, and goals of our programs to current and prospective parents and families.
- Provide tours to new families, representing the vision, goals, and uniqueness of the school.
- Planning and organizing all ECLC programs, events and fundraising activities including but not limited to Shabbat Dinners, Back to School Bash, Winter Bash, Grandparents Day, Love Around the World, Dudes and Doughnuts, Special Moms, Hanukkah Celebrations, Passover Celebrations, Purim Celebrations, and any other programs that that reflect our school vision and mission statements.
- Responsible for the requisition of classroom supplies and equipment and maintaining the teacher resource room.
- Responsible for the ordering and distribution of daily lunches, snacks, challah orders, and birthday celebration orders, as well as any other special orders throughout the year.
- Responsible for the cleanliness of the ECLC Dept. including all rooms.
- Liaison to Building Services department to ensure repair and maintenance needs are maintained throughout the preschool. Follow up on work tickets generated for preschool.
- Administers day to day procedures concerning maintenance and IT needs making recommendations for system improvements regarding processes and practices within the ECLC.
- Oversees Student enrollment and the maintenance of the students files in compliance with DCF rules and regulations.
- Ensure staff is informed, involved, and integrated in the development of program goals and objectives.
- Track and evaluate program participation in early childhood programs and events.
- In conjunction with marketing and graphic design staff - prepare marketing strategies and materials for early childhood programs.
- Participate in staff meetings and trainings, agency-wide programs, and program committees, as assigned.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Supervisor or other member of the Executive Team.
- Bachelor's Degree in Early Childhood Education or a related field preferred.
- Minimum of three (3) years of proven experience working in Early Childhood Leadership.
- State of Florida Early Childhood Director Certification, preferred.
- Highly organized and able to maintain focus and calm in a fast-paced, highly pressured environment.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities at the time while continuing to provide excellent customer service to children, families, staff, and others in the community.
- Strong communication skills, including non-verbal, verbal and written skills.
- Must demonstrate the aptitude and willingness to be a visible and active team player in a customer service environment.
- Knowledge and willingness to continue learning about the culture of the Jewish community.
- Excitement to contribute and commit to the Mandel JCC of the Palm Beaches' mission.
WHY SHOULD YOU JOIN A JCC?
Jewish Community Centers are multi-service community agencies that provide a wide array of programs, courses, and activities for people of all ages. In addition to stimulating and rewarding work, you'll enjoy a friendly family-like atmosphere that values your mental and physical well-being. Competitive salaries and generous holiday, vacation, healthcare plans and a generous staff discount on JCC programs underscore your importance to the JCC. In a recent survey of JCC employee satisfaction, more than 90 percent of professionals reported enjoying their jobs!
WHY SHOULD YOU JOIN OUR JCC?
The Mandel JCC of the Palm Beaches is committed to a passionate, member and community-centric culture where team members are encouraged to contribute and collaborate leading to a highly engaged JCC family.
Opportunities for growth
Internal mobility is highly encouraged and fully supported.
- Health Benefits
- Life, AD&D, Short Term Disability
- Pet Discount Program
- PTO: Vacation, Sick and Personal Days
- Staff Discount on our Programs
The Mandel JCC of the Palm Beaches does not discriminate against employees or clients on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status or any other characteristic protected by Federal and State law. A non-discrimination clause concerning employment opportunity is incorporated in the Personnel Manual. The Mandel JCC of the Palm Beaches will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.