Location and Job Title:
Commonpoint Queens - Samuel Field Y
58-20 Little Neck Parkway
Little Neck, NY 11362
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Act as a Porter at multiple Commonpoint Queens locations, as required.
- Routine cleaning of the buildings, including sweeping, mopping, collecting garbage, cleaning of classrooms, locker rooms and bathrooms, etc., and other tasks associated with maintaining the building in a manner expected of a first-rate membership-driven facility.
- Room set-ups as the schedule requires, and to be available for "as needed" cleaning where necessary and working in the building "whenever needed."
- Work toward obtaining a Commercial Driver's License, in order to provide transportation to all populations on an as-needed basis.
- Other related duties as required by the agency and supervisor.
- Experience providing high quality services as a porter for three (3) or more years.
- Ability to perform physical activities such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking,
- stooping, and handling of materials.
- Knowledge of the proper use of household tools and cleaners.
- Experience in operating various kinds of cleaning equipment.
- Demonstrates cultural competency through familiarity in working with people from a very diverse number of backgrounds.
- Organizational skills to coordinate multiple tasks and responsibilities.
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively under pressure.
- Ability to convey and participate in team oriented work.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND REQUIRED COMPETENCIES
- High School Required
- 3-5 years of experience preferably in a not for profit organization
- Possess outstanding social skills and emotional maturity.
Commonpoint Queens is a non-profit, multi service agency with a flagship site in Forest Hills and 33 additional sites throughout the community that provides a diverse array of programs and services to over 35,000. Our mission is to sustain and enhance the quality of family and individual life for all members of our community, regardless of religion, ethnic or cultural background, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual preference, age, or disability, within a pervasive and inclusive environment that facilitates individual growth, meets individual needs and builds community. We accomplish this mission through a broad range of social, educational, and recreational services that reach community members of all ages and backgrounds.