You are here: Home
| Search for a Job
Location and Job Title:
CIT Program Director
JCC of Greater Baltimore
3506 Gwynnbrook Ave
Owings Mills, MD 21117
The J Camps Baltimore Team is seeking a passionate leader to serve as the Counselor in Training (CIT) Director for our popular camp leadership program. Under the leadership of our 4Front Teen initiation staff and the Senior Director of J Camps, this position will manage day-to-day communications and assist with developing the creative direction of the CIT camp program. This will include management of CIT participant schedules, CIT leadership programming, providing feedback and support to the CIT's, special events and field trips, and other daily camp routines.
The position will run full-time from June 20 to August 11, 2023, with additional pre-camp orientation and prep time to be determined.
Salary (or Salary Range): $5000 - $6000
- Facilitate a 7-week summer camp program for Teens entering 9th and 10th grade
- Plan and oversee CIT daily schedules.
- Place CIT's as shadow's to counselors and other staff across J Camps
- Implement daily programming, speakers, and special events (Including Hershey Park and overnights)
- Supervise CIT staff.
- Oversee the logistics of CIT field trips and special events.
- Provide written content for weekly parent emails.
- Provide ongoing email and phone communication to CIT Camp families.
- Work cooperatively with camp leadership, counselors, and other departments.
- Keep immediate supervisor informed daily of any concerns or problems concerning campers and facilities.
- Be a consistent role model for campers.
- Ensure that the facilities are kept clean and safe, so that children are in a safe and comfortable environment.
- Ensure that participants know and follow safety procedures during camp programs.
- Assist in overall staff orientation planning and recruitment.
- Plan and implement CIT camp specific staff orientation.
- Send out CIT service letters at the end of the summer.
- Maintain the highest standards of safety and cleanliness in all teen areas.
- Experience at summer camp or similar environment preferred.
- Willingness to follow / give directions and work as a team member.
- Strong leadership and organization skills
- Ability to supervise staff.
- Ability to work both collaboratively and independently and multitask under deadlines.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong knowledge of computer software, including Excel, Word, Outlook etc.
- Minimum of two years of experience working with youth, specifically around middle school or high school.
JCC membership is like becoming a part of a family, everyone truly is welcome! Drop by and take a tour; you won't believe how many wonderful recreational, educational, social and cultural activities you will find here. There really is something for everyone! Members enjoy a wide variety of benefits including free group fitness classes and use of our Fitness Center, Aquatics Center, Parenting Center, Teen Center and Performing Arts Center. Special member rates save you money on many classes and events as well.