Location and Job Title:
J Day Camp Associate Director
JCC of Greater Baltimore
3506 Gwynnbrook Ave
Owings Mills, MD 21117
Looking for a great summer job? J Camps, located at the JCC of Greater Baltimore, is looking for an energetic, dedicated Associate Director who is interested in working in a fun, creative camp environment this summer.
Length of Position:
- April & May- 10 hours per week (flexible hours)
- June 3rd or 4th 6:00pm-9:00pm
- June 8th & 10th - 2:00pm-8:00pm
- June 16th & 18th- 2:00pm-8:00pm
- June 21st - 9:00am-4:00pm
- Leadership Team meetings- TBD (3 prior to summer)
- Camp dates
- June 22, 2020 - August 14, 2020- approx. hours 8:00am-5:00pm
- August 17- 21, 2020- post-camp clean-up
- Hiring and Supervising Staff including the direct supervision of J Day Unit Heads.
- Assist in overall staff orientation planning and recruitment. Plan and implement J Day camp specific staff orientation.
- Work with J Camps Senior Director to create Bunk rosters and Schedules for J Day Camp.
- Facilitating weekly J Day leadership meetings and Staff Development in the summer.
- Assist Tzofim Unit head in the organization of weekly J Day Fieldtrips.
- Assist Director of Logistics and Program Coordinator with J Camps special programming.
- Maintain weekly parent communication.
- Work cooperatively with camp leadership, counselors, and other departments.
- Keep immediate supervisor informed daily of any concerns or problems concerning campers and facilities.
- Be a consistent role model for campers.
- Ensure that facility is kept clean and safe, so that children are in a safe and comfortable environment.
- Ensure that campers know and follow safety procedures during camp programs.
- Experience at summer camp or similar environment preferred.
- College degree required; college credits or a degree in education or related field preferred.
- Minimum of five years of experience working with youth.
- Willingness to follow / give directions and work as a team member.
- Strong leadership and organization skills.
- Willingness to work as a part of a team.
JCC membership is like becoming a part of a family, everyone truly is welcome! Drop by and take a tour; you won't believe how many wonderful recreational, educational, social and cultural activities you will find here. There really is something for everyone! Members enjoy a wide variety of benefits including free group fitness classes and use of our Fitness Center, Aquatics Center, Parenting Center, Teen Center and Performing Arts Center. Special member rates save you money on many classes and events as well.