Location and Job Title:
Kaplen JCC on the Palisades
411 E. Clinton Ave.
Tenafly, NJ 07670
Our team is growing fast! Our employees have support, training and resources to deliver client results and an optimized member experience.
We are looking for enthusiastic, coach-able Personal Trainers to add to our dynamic team.
We believe in the growth of our employees and have a focus on education and creating a culture of curiosity.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Ensuring the best overall member experience within their scope
- Creating and implementing exercise programs for one on one personal training clients
- Performing assessments of new members and recurring clients
- Facilitating the sale of appropriate training packages
- Working on the fitness floor to maintain cleanliness, safety and support the member experience
- Execute floor events highlighting their strengths and skills
- Applying their expertise to small group training
- Administrative duties related to programming and calendar management
- Other duties as assigned
Please include a resume and cover letter with application.
Skills & Qualifications
- Communication skills, including comfort with Windows Office, Google Drive and email.
- Smartphone as you will be using the JCCOTP App
- Operational knowledge of resistance training equipment and proper form.
- Currently certified through one of the nationally accredited industry associations (NASM, ACSM, NSCA, ACE, etc.) OR willing to get certified within 90 days of employment
- Degree in Exercise Science related field a bonus!
- Must have a current personal trainer certification OR be willing to earn an approved certification within 90 Days of hire (Discounts available via JCC)
- Must have current CPR/AED certification (Available through JCC)
- Proof of citizenship or legal status.
Physical and working conditions
- Physical requirements: Ability to lift a minimum of 45 lbs, ability to spot a client lifting weights.
- Fitness club environment in a community atmosphere.
- Must follow OSHA and safety standards as directed.
45,000 - 55,000
The Kaplen JCC on the Palisades is a 501c3 not for profit social service agency serving Tenafly, NJ and surrounding areas. Deeply rooted in Jewish values and tradition, the Kaplen JCC on the Palisades is a vibrant home for the Jewish People that welcomes all and cultivates the social, intellectual, physical and spiritual well-being of the entire community. Our 185,000 square foot building plus acres of outside grounds feature two fitness centers, an indoor and outdoor aquatics center, group exercise, spin and Pilates studios, two gymnasiums, tennis and racquet courts, indoor track, a luxurious spa, multiple playgrounds and fields and so much more. The JCC is proud to offer extensive, high quality programs and services to youth and adults of all ages and of all needs.