Location and Job Title:
Shorefront YM-YWHA of Brighton Manhattan Beach
3300 Coney Island Ave
Brooklyn, NY 11235
The Shorefront Y is looking for a professional swim coach to run our Swim Team program. We are looking for someone who is passionate about swimming and dedicated to developing children in all aspects of life. If you want to make a difference in a young athlete's career, this is the job for you. We are looking for someone to guide and motivate our swimmers to become great athletes and exceptional human beings.
This job is a part time position. We pay a competitive salary.
- Work with children from 7 to 18 years of age.
- Create and execute practices in order to develop strokes and techniques at a competitive level and achieve long term goals.
- Keep practices fluid in order to adapt to individual swimmer's skills and needs.
- Keep accurate attendance for each practice.
- Arrive on deck promptly and ready to work. At least 15m before the beginning of class.
- Communicate with parents that may have questions before and after practice.
- This may regard scheduling, progress, etc.
- Enforce pool regulations in a firm manner while maintaining good public relations.
- Attend USA Sanctioned Swim Meets once a month during the Short Course and Long Course seasons.
- Develop a long term plan for the growth of the program, in both the quality of athletic performance as well as numbers of participants.
- Lead the Pre-Team program as far as setting expectations, directly coaching, and encouraging the growth of this feeder program.
- Communicate, educate and coordinates with families of athletes to confirm attendance and entries for Swim Meets.
- Maintain an active, up-to-date, and in good standing registration with USA Swimming for the club, yourself, and any assistant coaches you have on staff.
- Create, execute, and maintain a Club Code of Conduct/Credo in order to develop exceptional athletes and team.
- Red Cross Water Safety Instructor Certification (or a certification of equal standing.)
- Red Cross Lifeguard Certification (or a certification of equal standing.)
- Red Cross CPR PRO/First Aid/AED Certification (or a certification of equal standing.)
- USA Swimming Registered Swim Coach
- Red Cross Safety for Swim Coaches Certification
- Significant experience teaching and coaching swimming to children of all ages.
The Shorefront YM-YWHA of Brighton-Manhattan Beach, Inc. is a vibrant not-for-profit Jewish community center, settlement house and social service agency. The Shorefront YM-YWHA of Brighton-Manhattan Beach, Inc. provides a full array of cultural, educational, wellness, immigrant and human social services for people of all ages year-round. To learn more about the Shorefront Y please visit www.shorefronty.org.