Location and Job Title:
Senior Accountant and Contracts Manager
Edith & Carl Marks JCH of Bensonhurst
7802 Bay Pkwy
Brooklyn, NY 11214
Senior Accountant/Contract Manager is an important member of the Finance team with responsibilities related to the agency-wide finance functions. The position is principally responsible for timely and accurately meeting the fiscal needs (preparation of billings; coordinating / follow up with funding agencies, development of program and administrative budgets together with program staff, forecasting, audits and reporting). The position requires a team player working with various program, administrative and executive staff. The position may also be assigned other ad hoc projects within finance as required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Timely and accurate contract accounting associated with government contracts and foundation grants:
- Regulatory filings (i.e. claims, budgets, budget modifications, close-outs, and advances);
- Ensuring the integrity of financial results related to government contracts and grants, revenues, receivables, earned unbilled, and advances, and preparation of related standard journal entries and reconciliations; and
- Monitoring and following up on outstanding receivable balances with the funding sources to maximize cash flow
2. Timely and accurate Managerial accounting:
- Financial support for transactions, budgets and monthly reporting including variance reports
- Reports to management related to government contracts and grant status and activity, including the production of monthly contract reports; and
- Working with Director of Finance and Program Directors, responsible for updating and analyzing budgets and forecasts throughout the year
3. Timely and accurate Financial Contract accounting:
- Preparation of periodic contract compliance audits, including retrieving supporting documents and back-up information, as requested;
- Analysis of accounts charges to facilitate utilization of funds and the preparation and timely submission of reports required by grantors
- Development of schedules
Assisting Director of Finance and Executive staff in other ad hoc projects, as assigned.
- Education and/or experience required:
- Bachelors in Accounting and 5+ years relevant experience: Skills, Licenses and/or competencies required.
- Paying attention to detail, analyses, developing and recommending solutions and the ability to prioritize and complete tasks on a timely basis in a fast paced environment.
- Good operational accounting experience required, preferably including budgeting, forecasting and variance reporting.
- Good professional written and verbal interpersonal and communication skills - ability to relate and clearly communicate with operating management, financial staff and other departments.
- Good skills in Excel, Word and enterprise-wide accounting applications.
- Work requires a strong work ethic and exhibiting a sense of urgency in completion of tasks, willingness to work a flexible schedule and a commitment to the mission of Marks JCH.
Considered a Plus
- Non-profit government contracting experience with NYS & NYC contracts
- FundEZ Financial System
70,000 - 80,000
Marks JCH is a Jewish Community Center (JCC) located in Bensonhurst, Brooklyn. The mission of the Marks JCH of Bensonhurst, known as the JCH, is to be a center for community life in Brooklyn that is rooted in Jewish values and fosters an inclusive environment. We help at every life stage by providing critical services that lift people out of poverty and innovative programs that educate and inspire our community members. We envision a community where people have access to the services they need to live successful and rewarding lives and where Jewish identity is preserved and celebrated. Marks JCH prides itself on its 360 degree holistic service model, providing services for the whole family.