Location and Job Title:
Preschool, Infant & Toddler, Language Immersion Teaching Positions
Merage JCC of Orange County
One Federation Way
Irvine, CA 92603
Open positions available - Preschool Teacher (ages 2-5), Infant & Toddler Teacher (ages 0-2), Italian Immersion Teacher (ages 3-5, must be fluent in both Italian and English), Spanish Immersion Teacher (ages 3-5, must be fluent in both Spanish and English)
Primary responsibilities include:
- Provide for the health and safety of all children in the school.
- Provide responsive, quality care, addressing children's social, emotional, cognitive and motor developmental needs.
- Consistently treat children, parents, colleagues and community members with dignity, respect and compassion.
- Create a safe, healthy and secure environment for all children, that promotes inquiry and open-ended exploration.
- Uphold Title 22 regulations, in particular keeping children within sight and sound at all times.
- Participate in all training programs, conferences, seminars, courses and other aspects of professional growth provided by the Merage JCC and other resources.
Full-time employees receive the following benefits:
- Competitive pay
- Paid time off
- Holiday pay
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance options
- 403(b) tax deferred saving plan with employer match after 1 year of employment
- IRS section 125 cafeteria plan
- Complimentary JCC membership
- Professional development opportunities
Candidates MUST HAVE 12 or more units of Early Childhood Education coursework (or a combination of courses completed and courses currently enrolled) including:
(1) Child Development
(2) Child, Family, Community
(3) Early Childhood Curriculum/Practicum/Guidance
(4) Infant & Toddler Development or Additional Curriculum Course
All qualified candidates are required to e-mail a copy of official or non-official transcripts for proof of coursework completion. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Candidates must have or the ability to obtain at the time of hire adult & child CPR, first Aid & AED certification.
The physical demands described here must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position.
- Requires employee to talk and hear
- Requires fully use of hands and fingers to handle, feel objects, tools, or keyboards; and reach with hands and arms.
- Requires occasional moving/lifting/carrying of weigh ranging from 10-40 pounds.
- Requires walking or standing for up to four (4) hours at a time with a 10-minute break.
- Requires squatting to a significant degree.
- Requires bending and stooping to a significant degree.
- Requires reaching overhead while balancing approximately 10 lbs.
- Requires pushing and pulling approximately 10 lbs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and peripheral vision.
The Merage Jewish Community Center of Orange County is a 220,000 square-foot facility on 30 acres of land in beautiful Orange County, California where 300 children attend our Preschool. Orange County is home to some 100,000 Jews and sits between Los Angeles and San Diego and in between the Pacific Ocean and the San Bernardino Mountains. We strive for a diverse and inclusive community that welcomes applicants
from all cultural and religious backgrounds.